There is an awesome variety of solar generators on the market today. From the smaller entry-level variants to high-capacity home backup power systems, all the leading brands in the industry have different products on sale. Here, we would like to have a look at the best large portable solar generators, which are also fine solutions for home and emergency power backups.
Bluetti, EcoFlow, AllPowers, and Goal Zero are some of the brands with heavy-duty machines for portable power. The bigger power stations come with expandable power storage capacities. That is, you get compatible external battery packs and so you can simply take the battery capacity of a model to higher levels.
In our take on Bluetti Vs EcoFlow Vs AllPowers, we would like to cover the brands’ high-end products. They are respectively Bluetti EP500, EcoFlow Delta Pro, and AllPowers Monster Pro and Pro Plus. Bluetti also features a number of other heavy modular power stations like AC300 and AC500. Let us have a short glance at the best models below before having detailed takes on them.
THE BEST MODELS AT A GLANCE
1. Bluetti EP500
- 5100Wh High-Capacity Backup Power System.
- 2000W/4000W Inverter with Four AC Sockets.
- Fast Charging from Solar and Wall Sources.
- 1200W Solar Input and 600W AC Charging Input.
- In-grid UPS Mode and Flexible UPS Mode (24/7).
- Two Wireless Chargers, Multiple USB and DC Ports.
2. EcoFlow Delta Pro
- 3.6-25kWh Modular Portable Home Battery Ecosystem
- Heavy-Duty 3600-7200W Inverter with Five AC Outlets.
- 1200W Solar Charging and 1800W AC Charging Options.
- Versatile Number of Charging Options with Five AC Sockets.
- All-Terrain Wheels and a Telescopic Carrying Handle.
3. AllPowers Monster Pro Plus
- 5000Wh Heavy-Duty Solar Home Battery Ecosystem.
- Powerful 3500W-7000W Inverter with Five AC Outlets.
- Expandable up to 80kWh with Extra Battery Modules.
- 2000W Solar and 2000W AC Inputs for Fast Charging.
- Wi-Fi-Enabled with Voice Control and OTA Upgrade.
Table of Contents
Best Large-Size Portable Solar Generators
There is a wide range of high-powered, heavy-duty solar generators on the market today. All the prominent vendors such as Bluetti, Jackery, AllPowers, EcoFlow, and Goal Zero have their models in the segment of larger power stations.
A lot of new brands are also joining the fray with brilliant products to meet your huge power needs at home, worksites, or various off-grid applications. All the heavy power stations come with expandability features with the help of external battery modules.
It is here we would like to introduce you to a list of the best heavy-duty solar generators, especially the big home backup systems from the brands like Bluetti, EcoFlow, and AllPowers. Stay tuned for our list below.
1. Bluetti EP500 Solar Power Station
We would like to start with a Bluetti. It is Bluetti’s heavy machine, EP500. The brand launched the large, modular power station in a highly successful Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign in two variants; EP500 and EP500 Pro. Both are 5100Wh power stations but with two inverters.
The Bluetti power station comes with a ground-breaking 5100Wh LiFePO4 heavy-duty battery pack. The inverter under the hood is a 2000W one that can surge at 4800 watts, while EP500 Pro has a 3000W inverter.
Thanks to its huge storage capacity, EP500 can offer you the power to run a full outdoor event, cabin workshops, concerts, and an entire household in the event of a long-hour unexpected outage.
The EP500 comes with a variety of charging outlets, including four AC sockets, USB 3.0 PD ports, DC outlets, and two wireless chargers. The heavy-duty bottom wheels make you easily transport it from one place to the other.
For charging from a solar source, it features a 1200W Max input with a power of 55-145VDC, 20A. For charging from an AC socket, it supports up to 600W Max. In combination, you can charge it at a speed of 1800 watts.
- Massive Solar Power Station: Bluetti EP500 is absolutely a colossal power station with a massive battery pack inside. With its 5100Wh LiFePO4 battery pack, it can run most of your household and other essential appliances like power tools, microwaves, fridges, and more.
- Powerful Inverters: The EP500 sports a 2000W pure sine wave inverter with a surge of 4000 watts. With four AC outlets, it can power up any of your bigger household appliances.
- Amazing Expandability: Thanks to Bluetti’s Fusion Panel terminal board, you can easily pair two units of EP500s to get double power at 240V. Yes, you get double storage capacity and inverter power.
- Versatile Charging Options: As said above, EP500 features four full-size 120V AC sockets and many other charging options. They include 100W USB-C PD ports, USB-A ports, 12V/10A DC sockets, a regular carport, a 12V/30A RV plug, two 15W wireless charging pads, and more.
COMPATIBLE SOLAR CHARGER
Bluetti PV200 is the most recommended solar charger for both EP500. As its title says, it is a 200W folding solar charger with four layers of highly efficient mono solar cells.
You can pair multiple units of the solar charger to achieve the 1200W solar input of the heavy-duty Bluetti power station. You will require six units of the four-fold solar chargers to charge EP500 at a faster rate.
The Bluetti solar charger is indeed a highly efficient unit with long-lasting ETFE material on its surfaces. It gives the solar charger long life as it is much more durable, waterproof, and shock-resistant. You can easily take the solar charger anywhere on your trips with no worry.
The solar charger is highly foldable and ultra-portable. With a folded size of 20.7 x 20.5 inches, you can take it anywhere on the go. A single unit has a weight of just 14.3 lbs and you can surely use it in rough outdoor conditions.
2. EcoFlow Delta Pro Power Station
The Delta Pro is EcoFlow’s entry into the fray of heavy-duty solar generators. Along with a lite variant called, Delta Max, EcoFlow launched the highly modular power stations in a crowdfunding campaign. Along with extra battery packs and a gasoline generator, Delta Pro can offer you a whopping portable power of up to 25kWh @ 7200W.
With highly efficient options for solar charging, wind power charging, faster wall outlet charging, EV charging, and gas generator charging, you are lucky to get one of the coolest modular power stations with EcoFlow Delta Pro.
Delta Pro is a 3600Wh power station with a 3600W inverter and you can pair two units of the device to double the storage capacity and inverter power at 240V. For additional storage expansion up to 25kWh, the brand offers smart external batteries, a smart gas generator, and more.
Though a 3600W power station, a single unit can offer a higher output of up to 4500W, thanks to EcoFlow’s much-touted X-Boost technology. That is enough power to make it tun high-power appliances like washers, power tools, air conditioners, and more.
For more power, you can connect up to two units of the brand’s 3600Wh extra battery modules. For even more power in prolonged and critical emergencies, you can rely on the company’s smart gas generator. Both the gas generator and the extra battery packs feature the same design attributes and size as Delta Pro.
- Highly Modular Solar Power Station: Delta Pro is an extremely modular solar power station. Coming with compatible extra battery packs and a gas generator, you can ensure unlimited portable power. You have different ways to expand the capacity and power of the EcoFlow device.
- 3600W Inverter with 4500W X-Boost Power: The Delta Pro has got a 3600W inverter with the brand’s famous X-Boost technology. With the mode is on, Delta Pro can support appliances up to 4500 watts comfortably.
- Amazingly Charging Options: Integrating a highly efficient MPPT charge controller, it can support a solar output of up to 1200 watts. Meanwhile, it offers AC charging speeds in the range of 200W to 3000W and you can charge it from a 240V outlet, EV station, or Smart Home Panel.
- 1800W Gas Generator: Though not an eco-friendly choice, EcoFlow has got a 1800W gas generator to charge Delta Pro and Max in prolonged emergencies. This is a highly energy-efficient gasoline generator in the same design and size as Delta Pro.
- Versatile Charging Options: The EcoFlow device features a wide range of charging options, which include five 3600W AC sockets that can surge at 7200 watts. The other options include multiple USB and DC sockets and a pair of 15W wireless charging pads.
3. AllPowers Monster Pro Solar Generators
Next, we have the AllPowers Monster Pros. They are AllPowers’ reply to EcoFlow Delta Pro and Bluetti EP500 in the segment of the big-sized portable solar generators. AllPowers launched the two heavy-duty machines in an Indiegogo campaign.
The Monster Pro series comes in two variants – Monster Pro and Monster Pro Plus. They are both 3500W power stations with different capacities of LFP battery packs – 3500Wh and 5000Wh respectively. Both can surge at 7000 watts to run any of your household appliances.
The lovely thing with the AllPowers Monster Pros is their higher 2000W MPPT solar input along with a 2000W AC input. That is how the Monsters have a clear edge over the EcoFlow and Bluetti alternatives.
Both the Monster Pros feature five AC outlets, including four 20A and one 30A RV plug. Coming to other charging options, it features multiple USB and DC sockets to deliver power to a variety of your devices and handsets.
Like the Bluetti EB500, you can pair two units of Monsters using the brand’s smart home panel to get 240V double power and double storage capacity. The brand also offers external battery packs for each of Monster Pro Plus and Monster Pro with the respective storage capacities for expansion up to 80kWh and 56kWh.
Moreover, the AllPowers devices feature Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and an OTA upgrade is possible, as well.
4. Bluetti AC200 Max Power Station
This is the expandable variant of Bluetti AC200 or AC200P. With a more powerful inverter and an expandable storage capacity, you get a much more reliable off-grid power station with AC200 Max. The brand expects to start selling it in August 2021.
Look-wise, it resembles its original model, but you have it with a 2200W inverter built-in and the battery inside is 2048Wh (51.2V 40Ah) LiFePO4 unit. There is a way you can expand the storage capacity by attaching it with the brand’s new extra battery packs; B300 and B230.
Different from AC200P, the new model highlights rather faster solar and AC charging capabilities. It features a 900W (10-145V) solar input port and a 500W AC wall outlet port, which can help you charge the machine in a rather faster way.
Moreover, you can charge the machine from other sources like an EV charging station, lead-acid batteries, gas-generators, a wind turbine, and more.
When it comes to the charging outlets, the device incorporates four 2200W AC sockets and one US AC TT-30P port. The USB outlets included are dual USB-A 18W ports and as many USB 5V/3A ports.
A single piece of 100W USB Type-C PD outlet, a 12V/10A carport, two 12/10A DC 5521 sockets, and a powerful 12V/30A RV port are other attractions, besides a pair of 15W wireless chargers.
- Expandable Power Station: Using the brand’s extra batteries, you can expand AC200 Max up to 8192Wh. A single unit of the power station can support up to two pieces of expandable batteries. They are very easy to manage as you can stack up the device and the battery packs.
- 2200W/4800W Solar Power Station: Under the hood, an AC200 Max integrates a 2200W inverter that can surge at 4800 watts. With four AC outlets, you can use it to run a variety of your power-hungry appliances.
- Multiple Charging Options: The Bluetti power station packs a more efficient MPPT controller with a solar input voltage of 900W (10-145V). The AC input is a 500W unit and it has the adapter built-in. You can also charge it from other sources like EV charging stations, lead-acid batteries, gas generators, and more.
- Versatile Charging Outlets: Besides the AC sockets, AC200 Max boasts a number of other charging options, which include multiple USB outlets, DC sockets, wireless chargers, and a high-amp RV port.
5. Bluetti AC300 Portable Solar Power Station
Bluetti AC300 is yet another must-have product on a list of the best heavy-duty solar generators. It is a different product of the kind as it incorporates no battery inside. Rather than a power station, AC300 is a power box with a huge 3000W inverter and no built-in battery.
The 100% modular device works with the brand’s B300 expansion battery modules. It can accept up to four pieces of the 3072Wh B300 extra batteries to take its overall capacity to a massive 12288Wh power. The result is that you can conveniently carry a heavy power station in your RV, campervan, trailer, boat, and more.
What’s more, you can double the power by pairing two units of AC300s with the brand’s Fusion Box Pro. That is the way you can connect up to eight pieces of B300s to take the overall inverter power to 6000W at 240V and a storage capacity to a whopping 24,576Wh.
It offers an unrivaled solar input of 2400W and AC input of 3000W with at least two units B300 connected. That is how you can charge it at a speed of 5400W once the solar and AC options are combined.
AC300 is also a fine choice for using as a 24/7 UPS home backup. Thanks to the brand’s Smart Home Panel, you can attach the heavy power station to your home grid and enjoy full freedom from power outages.
- 100% Modular Power Station: AC300 is a completely modular solar-based power station. Having no battery inside, you can attach it with the brand’s B300 extra battery module. Capable of accepting up to four units of the battery packs, you can expand its capacity up to a massive 12,288Wh.
- Powerful Inverter: Yet another impressive feature of the Bluetti AC300 power station is its heavy-duty 3000W pure sine wave inverter. It has got as many as six full-size AC sockets to draw power for your large off-grid or household appliances.
- Multiple Charging Outlets: Besides the six AC sockets, the machine incorporates several USB and DC outlets, including a 24V/10A cigarette lighter port, a 12V/30A RV port, two USB-A 5V/3A ports, two USB-A 18W outlets, one USB-C 100W port and two 15W wireless charging pads.
- Unrivaled Solar Input: With an advanced MPPT controller, AC300 can support a charging speed of 2400 watts. That is indeed a quick way to charge the power station from the sun. With one B300 connected to it, this will take only 1.5 hours for a full charge from sunshine at its full capacity.
6. Bluetti AC200P Solar Power Station
When it comes to the large and big solar generators, it would certainly be nice to start with a Bluetti power station. Yes, we have Bluetti AC200P here as the first entry on our list. It is a huge 2000Wh power station with a highly reliable 2000-watt power inverter that has a surge capacity of up to 4800 watts.
Bluetti AC200 is a popular product from the brand. AC200P is an upgraded version of it with a rather bigger LifePo4 battery. Fine, you have it equipped with a brilliant 2000Wh LifePo4 battery instead of its original’s 1700Wh LG cell battery. Added with its high-power inverter, it is ideal for your essential appliances.
There are indeed a lot of incredible things with AC200P. First of all, it comes with a huge variety of charging points, including six standard AC sockets to support your appliances like blenders, freezers, dryers, steam mops, and so on. It also features multiple charging points for your gadgets and handsets.
They mainly include multiple 12V DC ports, a regulated 12V car charger for power-hungry DC devices, USB-C PD outlets, USB-A ports, and more. Above all, the machine incorporates dual 15W Qi wireless chargers for your handsets with the wireless charging facility.
You can charge the much-touted power station in multiple ways. It supports an AC input of up to 400 watts and you get it with the required AC adapter. For charging from a car, it is compatible with 12V/24V sockets. When it comes to the solar input, it works with solar power of up to 700 watts at 35-150V, Max 12A.
- High-Capacity Solar Power Station: The Bluetti is known for its high-capacity 2000Wh battery pack. Different from its original model, it is a more powerful and advanced battery with more charge cycles. It can help power up all your basic home and outdoor appliances quite smoothly.
- Six AC Outlets: Yet another attraction of the Bluetti power station is its six AC sockets. That is what makes it a much more reliable solar backup system to run a range of your AC appliances at the same time.
- Multiple Charging Points: Well, the Bluetti is special with its big number of charging points, including six AC sockets. Specifically, it features two 12/3A DC sockets for LED lights and small devices. One 12V DC regulated carport is there for your car-powered electrical devices. Further, it sports one 60W USB-C PD port, four 5V/3A USB-A ports, and above all, two 15W wireless charging points.
- Faster Solar Charging: The machine supports fast charging from solar panels. With a circuit voltage of 35-150V/Max.700W, Max12A, you can charge it steadily faster under the sunlight. As you see, you can use solar panels up to 700 watts to support quick charging.
COMPATIBLE SOLAR CHARGER
Bluetti offers its own solar charger for AC200P and other variants of its famous power stations. It is a four-fold 120-watt SunPower solar panel with a higher conversion efficiency. With its decent voltage output and efficiency, you can surely rely on this solar panel to charge the Bluetti power station.
It comes with built-in kickstands so you can easily place it right anywhere and enjoy access to unlimited solar power. The solar charger has a folded size of 16.3 x 16.1 in and it spreads out to 16.3 x 66.7 in once unfolded. It has a price tag of around $400. Check out the link below to order it individually.
When it comes to weight, it is indeed a lightweight model that weighs just 9.48 lbs. You can chain together multiple pieces of the solar panel for higher solar output. It is indeed quite easier to take it along on your trips to link your power station to the eternal solar power source.
7. Jackery Explorer 2000 Solar Power Station
Explorer 2000 is the top model of Jackery Explorer power stations. Jackery unveiled the heavy-duty variant on March 17, 2021, along with a young sibling called, Explorer 1500. Of course, it has been grabbing much attention on the market since its launch as a threat to the new line of large power stations on the market.
With its big battery, we would like to count it as one of the best heavy-duty solar generators. Surely, it is powerful to compete with Bluetti AC200P and many other models in the segment.
It is a 2200W solar power station that appears in the same design and theme as its younger siblings. Inside it packs a 2060Wh lithium battery of 36V, 57.24Ah. That is enough to make it run most of your appliances in an emergency. Jackery sells it at a price of around $4300 with four units of 200W solar panels.
Fine, the Jackery comes up with a powerful 2200W pure sine wave inverter with four standard AC outlets that can surge at 4400 watts. Apart from AC sockets, the power station has multiple DC and USB ports, including a 12V car socket, three USB ports, and one each of USB-C and USB 3.0 Quick Charge ports.
The device incorporates an innovative MPPT technology called SolarPeak to ensure fast charging under the sun. Though a massive powerhouse, it is handy and compact with a strong built-in handle to let you carry it easily on your trips and keep it in your RVs, trailers, and tents.
Explorer 2000 has a size of 15.5 x 12.2 x 12.7 in and a weight of 43.2 lbs.
- High-Power and Large-Capacity Device: As you know, Explorer 2000 is a high-power and decent-capacity solar power station. With a 2060Wh lithium battery and 2200 inverter, you can use it to perfectly run a range of your household and outdoor AC appliances.
- Van-Life Power Solution: As a large power station, Explorer 2000 is a cool choice for power storage in your RVs, trailers, campers, and boats. Along with a reliable solar charger, you can ensure access to unlimited power. It doesn’t require any extra set-up as it is a simple out-of-the-box system.
- Outdoor Party Power Station: Similarly, Explorer 2000 is a superb power backup system for outdoor parties and events. Thanks to its compact and handy design, you can take it to the party site and have access to solar-based backup power to run coolers, blenders, pellet smokers, and more.
- Multiple Charging Outlets: Yet another notable thing is the rich number of charging options it shows off. Well, Explorer 2000 most notably features four standard AC sockets and multiple USB ports and DC sockets to support a variety of your devices.
COMPATIBLE SOLAR CHARGER
For the Explorer 2000, Jackery has a 200W solar charger called, SolarSaga 200. As the device supports a solar input of up to 800 watts, the brand recommends you pair four units of SolarSaga 200 together. The bundle of Explorer 2000 solar generator packs four units, obviously.
It is a four-fold highly efficient mono solar charger with solid plastic cladding on both edges. You can place it right anywhere on its built-in kickstands as you see in the picture below. Check out SolarSaga 100 on the link below. It comes for a price of around $599.
Of course, the Jackery solar charger is famous for its quality build. With an IP67 rating, the solar charger is fine for use in rough outdoor conditions. You can easily carry the solar charger along with Explorer 2000 to make sure you get unlimited off-grid power anywhere you have ample sunlight.
8. Bluetti 2500Wh Solar Generator
Here comes another high-power solar generator from Maxoak, the maker of Bluetti AC200P. The 2500Wh device has a different form factor from the above Bluetti model and it packs up an inverter of 1000 watts along with dual AC sockets to smoothly power up your emergency and household appliances.
The built-in battery is a top-brand LG unit that touts a storage capacity of 101,351mAh @ 14.8V. It makes the power station much more reliable for all types of outdoor and emergency applications. Thanks to its durable carrying handle, you can take the 37.9 lbs machine anywhere in your RV, trailer, boat, and more.
Apart from AC outlets, it highlights one 12V DC port to support car-powered devices. Plus, it features one USB Type-C PD port and four 5V 3A USB ports for your handsets and USB gadgets. Overall, you get one of the best heavy-duty solar generators to back up all your essential electronics in the wild.
Other highlights include an advanced MPPT charge controller. That will make solar charging steady faster. Though the brand doesn’t offer a solar panel, it packs an MC4 solar charging cable. The machine also touts a Battery Management System to safeguard the connected devices from voltage variation issues.
- Mega-Capacity Power Station: As the top-ender of the Bluetti series, it is a high-capacity one. It packs up a 1500Wh lithium battery with an inverter of 1000 watts. Thus, it can comfortably run most of your essential appliances and gadgets like blenders, power tools, coolers, hairdryers, and more.
- Multiple Uses and Various Outputs: The Maxoak highlights all-important charging points including dual AC sockets. There are also the advanced USB C Power Delivery port and regular USB ports as well. So, you can use the device to power up a variety of your electronics.
- Highly Efficient Power Station: The power station is highly efficient with an MPPT charge controller. That will ensure fast charging under the sun with suitable solar chargers. Moreover, it also integrates a Battery Management System to help safeguard your devices from any voltage variation issues.
COMPATIBLE SOLAR CHARGER
As said above, Maxoak has its own solar charger for its power stations. It is a 120W folding solar charger that is a lightweight and ultra-thin unit, letting you easily handle it in the wild. It highlights a four-fold profile and built-in kickstands to make you place it upright anywhere for better access to the sun.
The charger is available at a price of $400. You can use it with any of Bluetti or other solar power stations. For higher output, get multiple units of the solar charger. Check it out on Bluetti.com with the link below.
The solar charger is made of SunPower’s highly efficient mono solar cells, which are sewn into a solid PET material. So, what you get is an anti-scratch and durable solar charger that is ideal for rough outdoor use.
It has an open-circuit voltage of 23.7V. Of course, you can chain together multiple units of the solar charger for a better output. As a lightweight and foldable charger, you can surely take it anywhere on your trips.
9. Goal Zero Yeti 6000X Portable Power Station
This is indeed the biggest of the Goal Zero Yeti solar power stations ever. As you see, it comes up with a massive 6071Wh battery pack to become one of the most powerful and heavy-duty solar generators. Its 2000W pure sine wave 120V AC inverter has a surge power of 3500 watts.
Yeti 6000X can supply professional-grade portable power to your essential gadgets and appliances. It can run seven different devices at a time as it integrates two 120V AC sockets and five other charging options. They include a USB-A port, an 18W USB-C outlet, a 60W USB-C PD Port, a 12V carport, and so on.
By the way, the battery pack is a Li-ion NMC unit with a capacity of 6071Wh @ 10.9V, 556Ah. A single cell capacity is 1668Ah @ 3.6V, and the life of the battery is up to 500 cycles only, which is far less compared to the battery packs of the new-gen large power stations.
Well, you can charge the heavy-duty machine via multiple options, including solar. Its HPP input port is a 14-50V one with up to 50A (600W max) and the DC inlet is an 8mm 14-50V unit with up to 10A (150W max).
Besides its built-in huge capacity, you can expand it with the brand’s famous Expansion Module for further storage. Overall, you get one of the biggest solar power stations from Goal Zero with a lot of takers.
- The Biggest of Goal Zero Yeti: Of course, Yeti 6000X is the most powerful variant of Goal Zero’s Yeti power stations. It is actually the top-end model of its latest Yeti X power stations. With a battery of over 6000-watt-hours, it can power up an entire household, large outdoor events, and more.
- Seven Charging Options: As said above, Yeti 6000X comes with as many as seven charging options, including two full-size AC sockets. The others include USB-A, USB-C, USB-C PD, carport, and more.
- Portable Design with a Wheel Cart: Though a massive, 106-pound power station, you can move it anywhere on the included wheel cart, which features large and durable wheels. You can pull the cart on any tough terrains and place it somewhere comfortably to ensure unlimited portable power.
- Expandable Power Station: Like most of Goal Zero’s top-end power stations, you can expand the capacity of the machine with the brand’s additional battery module. That is how you can get seamless power to run your off-grid and emergency appliances.
COMPATIBLE SOLAR CHARGER
The solar panel recommended for Yeti 6000X is Goal Zero’s Boulder 200 Briefcase. It is a famous 200-watt foldable suitcase-style solar panel made with highly efficient mono solar cells. It is technically two 100W mono solar panels combined together with strong hinges and solid latches.
You can use multiple units of Boulder 200 Briefcase to achieve the solar output required to power up the massive power station. Thanks to its foldable and lightweight design, you can easily carry the solar panels in your RV, boat, and more. Use the link below to order Boulder 200 BC on Amazon.
Made for outdoor use, the Boulder solar panels are indeed long-lasting and durable solutions. They feature strong anodized aluminum frames and tempered glass layering on the surfaces. The built-in kickstands can help you position the solar panels right anywhere with not much hassle.
Once folded down, you can take it on its durable carrying handle. It has a size of 40 x 26.75 x 3.5 in once folded, and it spreads to 40 x 53.5 x 1.75 in when you fold it up. The solar panel weighs 42 lbs.
10. Zreo Breeze ElecHive 2200 Power Station
ElecHive is an amazingly small and compact heavy-duty solar power generator. The 2400Wh/2200W power station is from Zero Breeze, the well-known innovator of the Mark battery-based portable air conditioners. With a weight of 34 lbs., you get an ultimate power station at a small size of 13 x 10 x 9 inches.
Specs-wise, ElecHive is a 2400Wh power station and the power inverter is a 2200-watt pure sine wave unit, and it sports four 110V universal AC outlets.
There is a number of other charging options, including a Zero Breeze AC connector. USB QC port, USB 2 port, USB Type-C PD port @ 60W, an 18W USB 3.0 Type-C port, and a carport are some other options.
The simple reason for the small size of ElecHive is its advanced battery. It is a Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (LiNiMnCoO2) battery pack that is indeed much light and compact. It packs only 6 battery units instead of hundreds of individual 18650 battery cells in other power stations.
The Zero Breeze power station was launched on Indiegogo. The product could gain a lot of backers and funds on the platform. Clearly, it could attract nearly 3M USD from over 2300 backers. The brand expects to start shipping it to the backers by May ’21. Only after, it will be available on its site for the public to buy.
- High-Capacity Solar Generator: Though a small device, ElecHive is a 2400Wh high-capacity power station with an inverter of 2200 watts. With four AC sockets, you can use it to smoothly run most of your household and outdoor AC appliances and other devices.
- Compact and Small in Size: As said above, the ElecHive device is the most compact and smallest of its kind. With a size of a basketball, you really get a brilliantly high-capacity power station. You can easily carry it anywhere as it features a durable and solid design.
- Nex-Gen High-Density Battery Pack: The battery inside the Zero Breeze power station is a next-gen high-density one, which makes it much more portable and compact in size.
- Versatile Charging Options: Including four AC sockets and a Zero Breeze air conditioner connector, the power station has got multiple charging outputs. A variety of USB and DC outlets make you run multiple devices on it at the same time.
COMPATIBLE SOLAR CHARGER
The ElecHive power station features an advanced MPPT controller and a solar input of 35V-150V 800 watts to recharge it from the sun. The brand offers an exclusive 100W folding solar charger. You can pair four pieces of the solar charger to power it up in the below four hours.
The Zero Breeze charger is a highly efficient one made with SunPower’s X-Series mono solar cells. Hence, it has a conversion efficiency of up to 22.7%. The panel features ETFE material and a durable lamination for you to use for a long time.
The solar charger weighs just 9.68 lbs and you can fold it down to a briefcase-like form after use. Thus, its moving by holding on to its quality rubber handle will be a nice experience. The adjustable kickstands will help you position it somewhere neatly to grab as much sunlight as possible.
11. Goal Zero Yeti 3000X Solar Power Station
Here is another powerful Goal Zero Yeti power station. It is Yeti 3000X, a 3032Wh version of the Yeti series. It turned up as an upgrade to Yeti 3000 Lithium, the top-end model of the Yeti lithium line. This is a heavy-duty power station that is ideal for a wide range of applications from the Arctic to worksites to home.
Like its younger variant, it also touts an industry-leading inverter of 2000 watts and a surge of 3500 watts. Coupled with the 3032Wh battery, the 78-lbs device thus becomes a highly reliable source for powering up a wide range of your electrical devices. Check out the product’s latest price on the link below.
Overall, it has got as many as seven charging points, including two AC sockets. Compared to many of the similarly powerful devices, the charging points are indeed limited. However, it features almost all essential units like a pair of USB-A ports, one 18W USB-C port, one 60W USB-C PD port, a 12V carport, and more.
The built-in MPPT charge controller is another attraction. All models of the new Yeti power stations show off the advanced fast-charging technology. As per Goal Zero, it will help increase the solar charging speed and efficiency of 3000X by 30%. Of course, it is a big advantage as most will be buying it for off-grid use.
- Highly Powerful Device: Certainly, it is a powerful solar power station. Its advanced 2000W pure sine wave inverter can produce a surge of 3500W. With the 3032Wh (10.8V, 280.8Ah) battery, this giant power station can work exactly like a gas generator if connected to reliable solar panels.
- MPPT Charge Controller: For faster charging from the connected solar panels, Yeti 3000X integrates a highly advanced MPPT charge controller.
- Multiple Charging Options: Including two US standard AC sockets, Yeti 3000X features a wide range of port options. You have it equipped with a USB-C, USB-C PD, a regulated carport, and more.
- Advanced Connectivity: Most interestingly, the Yeti device integrates Wi-Fi connectivity. So, you can manage the entire device via the Goal Zero Yeti App on your phone or tablet from anywhere, anytime. You can access various real-time data and control the power station easily.
COMPATIBLE SOLAR CHARGER
Goal Zero’s top-end Boulder 200 Briefcase is the best pick for Yeti 3000X. As its name speaks, it is a 200W mono solar charger in a portable briefcase folding. Made with rigid and anodized aluminum and tempered glass, it is a perfect product for all your outdoor and off-grid power needs.
Boulder 200 Briefcase is actually a pair of Boulder 100 single-piece solar panels hinged together with solid latches. It also features a strong carrying handle and multiple kickstands for you to easily move it and fix it anywhere temporarily. Check out the link below to buy a unit of Boulder 200 Briefcase.
By the way, for a better and faster solar output, you can chain together multiple units of the Boulder solar charger. In the meantime, if you are looking for a solar panel to permanently fix somewhere, go for Boulder 100, a regular single-piece solar panel of 100 watts capacity.
That has been our take on of the best large portable solar generators on the market today. We have covered almost all the bigger power stations in the article. We would like to update the article every time we come across a new model. Share your thoughts about the heavy-duty power stations in the comments below.