We have had many lists of the best portable solar generators for camping on this blog before. Today we have a new list with the most-selling solar generators. Of course, we would like to include items from all different categories of portable solar power systems. Thus, you will have all-in-one solar generators, solar power stations, and solar generator suitcases under a single roof. It would surely help you easily find the favorite solar generator for camping and other off-grid power needs.
A portable solar generator is basically a cool camping gear. If you have got a handy and light solar generator, it would help produce the power required for your outdoor gadgets. At the same time, a large solar generator is good for setting up in your home or apartment also. Thus, you could ensure off-grid power in your living spaces in the aftermath of an emergency situation like an earthquake or thunderstorm. We have the best portable solar generators for camping and emergency below.
Table of Contents
10 Best Portable Solar Generators for Camping
As you know, a solar generator is any device that has a solar panel and a storage battery inside. But such typical solar generators are only a few to name like Renogy Phoenix. In the meantime, today we mostly have the solar-based power stations, which require additional panels to behave like ideal solar generators. Anyway, we would like to include all the variants of the solar generators on our list, based on their popularity among the campers and emergency preppers.
Our team of researchers has done a detailed study to bring to you the best portable solar generators for camping. The key feature of a solar generator for camping should obviously be the portability. A handy and compact profile will make things quite easy for you to take it anywhere. Hope you could find the finest pick from our list of the solar generators as per your needs and preferences.
1. Goal Zero Yeti 1400 Lithium Portable Power Station
This is a flagship of the Goal Zero new Yeti lithium line-up. It hit the market as a replacement to the brand’s former top-end model, Yeti 1250, which is still available out there, however. First off, Yeti 1400 features a powerful lithium battery that can store enough power to run and recharge a range of your appliances and gadgets off-the-grid. A host of exciting features including Wi-Fi connectivity make it one of the best portable solar generators for camping and emergency.
Coming to specs, Yeti 1400 is a 1425Wh solar power station with a 132Ah @10.8V battery inside. It equips all the important output ports including two 110V AC sockets, which could output 1500W of power continuously and 3000W at the peak. Apart from the solar charger, you can also recharge the power station from the wall or a carport. However, being a solar blog, we highly recommend you to go for a unit of Goal Zero Boulder 100 Briefcase to recharge it nicely from the sunlight.
- Lithium Battery Inside: First of all, it makes the difference from the old-gen Yeti series with a built-in lithium battery. As you know, a lithium battery is more lightweight and long-lasting and so you get more life for this unit of Goal Zero power station.
- Lightweight and Portable: Of course, thanks to the lithium battery, you get a lightweight portable power station with massive output. It weighs just 46 lbs, which is more than half of its older variant.
- Advanced Features: Finally, we have the Yeti 1400 with a number of advanced and modern features. Notably, it comes up with the Wi-Fi connectivity. Hence, you can just monitor its performance on your mobile via Yeti App from anywhere in the world.
2. Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium Solar Generator
The new Yeti 400 Lithium is undoubtedly one of the best portable solar generators for camping out there. Different from its elder sibling, this is more portable and lightweight. Coupled with a reliable solar charger, it could offer you amazing support in an off-grid situation. Yeti 400 could support as many as 7 devices at the same time, making it a wonderful choice for both campers and emergency preppers. Its handy and compact design certainly makes it easily manageable on the move.
Specs-wise, the new Yeti 400 is a 428Wh power station and the built-in battery is a 39.6Ah @ 10.8V lithium unit. Like its top-ender, it features a pair of AC sockets, which could offer you 300W stably and 1200W at the surge. Thus, you can run nearly all your essential AC appliances on it. With the increased charging cycles and longer battery life, this is a highly reliable off-grid power solution.
Goal Zero’s much-touted Boulder series of solar chargers is the best choice for Yeti 400 as well. You can buy a unit of Boulder 100 or a Boulder 100 Briefcase to recharge it steady faster under the sun. If you are on a budget you can go for a unit of Boulder 50, by the way. That is also a nice pick.
- Lithium Battery: With Yeti 400 Lithium as well, the lithium battery is the unique selling point. It has replaced older Yeti 400’s lead-acid battery with a more lightweight and long-lasting lithium battery.
- Top Seller of the Kind: If you are a kind of person that prefers to buy popular products you could go for this model with no doubt. Since its release in early 2017, it has been one of the most selling and best portable solar power generators for camping and emergency.
- Very Stylish and Highly Portable: There is actually nothing surprising in the stylish design of the all Goal Zero product portfolio. Following its tradition, this also has a very cute, compact, and stylish profile. You could take it anywhere with no much hassle and enjoy unlimited access to power.
3. Renogy Phoenix Solar Generator
Renogy Phoenix solar generator briefcase is an amazingly portable and handy solar generator. Made in the form of a briefcase, you can easily carry it anywhere and use to produce and store the power. However, like the above Goal Zero solar generators, Phoenix is not a powerful beast. It is just a 150W device that has an AC socket and other output ports to support a range of your devices. The built-in solar panels are a pair of 10W mono units, which appear on the inner lids of the suitcase.
Of course, Phoenix solar generator is unique with its design. Thanks to the suitcase-like design, you can carry it hassle-free. Well, you have all the components of the machine inside a single case. Plus, it sports all the basic output ports including four USB ports, one 110V AC, one CIG/12V carport, and dual DC ports. It is also very durable and strong for rough outdoor use. If you don’t feel the built-in solar cells are not enough, you can just expand its capacity with an extra solar panel up to 120W.
- All-in-One Solar Generator: Though less powerful, it is a superb all-in-one solar generator. You have all the components inside a handy suitcase case. So you could easily take it anywhere.
- Brilliantly Portable: Being an all-in-one solar generator, it is highly portable, obviously. After the use, you can easily fold down its lids, lock the latches, and carry it along on your camping trips hassle-free.
- Expandable Solar Panels: As you know, it comes up with 20W integrated solar panels. As put it above, this is not enough to completely charge the device from the sunlight. So you can expand its capacity by adding an extra solar panel up to 120 watts.
4. Anker Powerhouse Solar Power Station
The next item on our list of the best portable solar generators for camping is Anker Powerhouse. It is a very popular model of its kind. The highly lightweight and compact portable power station has all the basic output ports. You can carry it on its strong and durable handle and take anywhere. It would take up only a small room, making its portability a big advantage, of course. With a unit of Anker 21W folding solar charger or any similar one, you can recharge it from the sunlight.
Specs-wise, the Anker Powerhouse offers an output of 400Wh and it packs up 120,000mAh battery inside. When it comes to the ports, you have the basic AC, DC, and USB outlets to recharge a range of your electronics on the move. As said above, the device is very small with a size of just 5.71 x 7.87 x 6.5 in and it weighs just around 11 lbs. That is why we have it as a major item on our list of the best portable solar generators for camping. Use the link above to buy a unit of Anker Powerhouse.
- Perfect Output Weight Ratio: It is, in fact, a powerful 400Wh power station, but its weight is very low at around 10 pounds. Inside you have a powerful 120000mAh battery as well. So you do have not many power stations on market with that lightweight design and high capacity in one pack.
- Awesome Camping Partner: Yes, thanks to its lightweight design and good capacity, Powerhouse is a perfect camping partner. See, a fully charged Powerhouse can run a 15V lamp for 100+ hours, making it a really outstanding source for portable power during an outing.
- Good Popularity: Certainly, Anker Powerhouse is one of the top seller power stations on the market. When you buy it with a solar charger, it could come out to be a perfect off-grid power solution.
5. Goal Zero Yeti 150 Solar Generator Power Pack
Next, we have the base model of Goal Zero’s old-gen Yeti series on our list of the best portable solar generators for camping. It is Yeti 150. As you see, this is a very handy and lightweight solar power station. Being an entry-level model, it is a basic device in terms of power, of course. You can ideally use it to recharge phones, tablets, and other smaller devices, but it has got an AC socket, however.
Well, Goal Zero Yeti 150 sports an 80W modified sine wave power inverter that could peak at 160 watts. And you have a 168Wh lead-acid battery (14Ah @12V) inside, which is capable to power up to five devices at the same time. Coming to the charging ports, it highlights a pair of 2.1A USB ports, a 12V DC port, and finally an AC socket as said above.
In the meantime, the ideal solar charger for Yeti 150 is a unit of Nomad 20 solar charger. As you see, it is a three-fold 20W solar charger that you can convert into a small unit for increased portability. Certainly, you can also use any third-party solar chargers if you have the required adapters.
- Small and Lightweight: Absolutely, this is one of the small best portable solar generators for camping out there. With a size of just 7.8 x 6.8 x 5.8 in and weight of 12 lbs, you can take it anywhere easily.
- Highly Popular Model: Of course, with its lightweight and compact design, and lower price, Yeti 150 is one of the most popular solar power stations on the market. Since its release, it has been attracting a lot of campers and emergency preppers.
- Decently Powerful: Compared to many similar products out there, Yeti 150 is surely a decently powerful solar power station. With an output of 168Wh, it could recharge a number of your handsets and even run an AC appliance in an emergency.
6. Goal Zero Yeti 400 Portable Power Station Kit
Next, on our list of best portable solar generators for camping, we have the highly popular middle variant of the old-gen Yeti series. This is Goal Zero Yeti 400 power station. As you see, it features the same design of its entry-level variant and also carries a lead-acid battery inside. However, even after the release of its new upgrade, Yeti 400 Lithium, it is still one of the largest sellers out there.
Coming to the specs, Yeti 400 is a 396Wh power station with a 33Ah @12V lead-acid battery inside. Thus, it could power up to 7 devices at the same time. Along with a unit of Boulder 50 solar charger, it would certainly come out to be a great companion for your outdoor explorations and emergency power needs. The integrated inverter is a 300W pure sine wave unit, which could surge at 600W.
Yeti 400 has all important output options, by the way. It equips a pair of 110V AC sockets, two USB ports, and as many 12V DC ports. Apart from the solar panel, you can also recharge it from a wall socket or carport like the entire Yeti series. However, make sure you buy it along with a compatible solar charger because that only makes it a right emergency or off-grid power source.
- Decently Powerful Solar Power Station: Yes, with output around 500Wh, it is certainly a decently powerful solar power station. You can run two AC appliances at the same time. And recharge a variety of your gadgets and run smaller electronics.
- Superbly Portable and Compact: Though not as small as its entry-model, Yeti 400 is, of course, a lightweight and compact solar power station. You can take it anywhere hassle-free and ensure seamless off-grid power.
- Multiple Solar Chargers: Obviously, being a Goal Zero product, you have multiple solar chargers compatible with the power station. As said above, a unit of Boulder 50 is decently enough for Yeti 400. Meanwhile, you can also try out more powerful options like Boulder 100 or Boulder 100 Briefcase.
7. Rockpals 300W Portable Generator
Earlier, we came across a smaller 250-watt solar power bank from Rockpals. This brand also sells a more powerful 300W portable generator. This is a very stylish device with a lightweight design and good output. That is why we have it on our list of best portable solar generators for camping. It is, in fact, a 280Wh power station with a 110V AC outlet, QuickCharge 3.0 USB ports, 12-volt DC sockets, and finally, a camper-friendly LED flashlight for lighting.
As you see in the photo, the Rockpals power station copies the design of the famous Goal Zero Yeti line in another color theme. Of course, in line with the Yeti series, it also features a very handy and portable design. By the way, it packs up a small 18.75Ah at 12V lithium battery. That makes it a nice power station capable to recharge your smartphone around 25 times, a lap around 5 times. And, it could run a 32-in TV for four hours.
When it comes to the solar charger, Rockpals offers a 100-watt folding solar charger. This powerful solar charger is a 4-layered unit that could recharge a unit of Rockpals in a few hours. Meanwhile, the Rockpals solar charger is a ready-to-use solution for USB devices, thanks to its integration of three USB ports. The built-in smart IC chip ensures a stable flow of the current, by the way.
- Decently Powerful Power Station: Though not a competitor to Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium in terms of power, the Rockpals device is indeed a decently powerful one. It offers 300 watts of output to run your essential electronics off-the-grid.
- Compact and Highly Portable: Though copying the design of Goal Zero Yeti, what you get is surely a handy and portable power station. With a weight of just 7.5 lbs and size of 6.5 x 3.1 x 6.9 in, you can surely carry it anywhere easily.
- Multiple Variants Are Available: Yes, apart from this 300W power station, Rockpals sells a number of models with different outputs. Therefore, it will be easy for you to find a suitable model as per your requirements and budget, for sure.
8. AcoPower 400Wh Solar Generator
The next pick on our list of the best portable solar generators for camping is from AcoPower. This is a 400Wh complete portable power station that becomes an ideal solar generator when bought with a solar charger like AcoPower 120W folding solar charger. By the way, you might be wondering to see this with the exact design from other popular brands like Suaoki. Maybe, all the makers have signed with the same OEM to build the power station, which you can buy from the link below.
The highly durable 444Wh power station comes with a 300W continuous power inverter that could peak up to 600 watts to power up many of your essential appliances. Of course, made with a metal bottom, the power station is a great choice for outdoor applications. Along with the power station, you get some basic cables and adapters. You need to buy a solar charger separately.
Meanwhile, inside the AcoPower device, it has a versatile MPPT solar charge controller. That would make sure the device gets no damages in the unstable flow of solar energy. Coming to the charging options, it features multiple USB ports, a pair of 110V AC socket, and as many 12V DC ports. Hence, you can use it to power up a range of your electronics off-the-grid or in an emergency.
- Perfect for Camping and Emergency: This model has already grabbed attraction for its compact and lightweight design. Certainly, that makes it on our list of the best portable solar generators for camping and an ideal pick for both campers and those who are preparing a survival kit for an emergency.
- One of the Best Sellers: No doubt, it is again one of the best sellers of the market currently. As said above, it comes in the same design and specs from other makers also. Still, it has attracted good sales with its compact design and good capacity to run a range of your electronics and gadgets.
9. Humless Portable Solar Generators
Here is the next item on our list of the best portable solar generators for camping. This is Humless 640Wh solar power bank, branded as Humless Go Mini. As you see in the photo, the power station comes with a pair of 130W large folding solar panels. Meanwhile, with an advanced lithium battery inside the power station, it guarantees you longer life and better performance to juice up nearly all your camping gadgets out there.
The most interesting thing with the solar generator is its compact and solid build. Made with a metal case, you can use it in rough outdoor needs with no worry at all. The device weighs just 65 pounds and it is very handy to comfortably carry anywhere along. Follow the link above to buy a unit of Humless Go Mini.
Humless also sells a top-end model called, Go Plus, a 1300Wh sleek and stylish solar generator. Of course, both models are highly travel-friendly. You could take Go Mini anywhere you go. Also, you could use it to set up an off-grid system in your cabin, mini home, work site, and camping tent. The powerful solar panels make sure the power station finds enough solar energy to charge it fully.
- Sleek design: Humless Go Mini has a sleek and athletic design. With a size of 9 x 9 x 14 inches, it looks a perfect fit for camping needs. And alone it weighs just 35 pounds. The pint-sized power bank can put an end to all your off-grid energy woes.
- Powerful solar panels: The solar generator kit has two powerful solar panels that are foldable too. That is, you could carry the solar panels in much comfort. With high capacity panels, you could charge the GO Mini very faster from sunlight.
- Highly portable: Portability is indeed one of the highlights of the machine. You could take it anywhere with no hassle. So it becomes the best portable solar generator for camping needs.
10. Peppermint Solar Generators
Here comes the final pick of the best portable solar generators for camping. Peppermint sells a line of three high-power all-in-one solar generators in various capacities. The best part of this series of solar generators is their integrated solar panels, making them all-in-one solutions. More clearly, like Renogy Phoenix, the Peppermints feature suitcase-style designs with the solar panels fixed into the inner lids. Thus, you could open up the lids and put them in sunlight to charge the included battery.
As put it above, this Peppermint solar generator is available in three models. They are Forty2 Pro, Forty2 Pro+, and Forty2 Max, respectively 1500Wh, 1000Wh, and 2000Wh lithium portable power stations. Except for the battery capacity, all the variants share the same features and design cues. See, they all pack up a 900W continuous power inverter with a surge power of 1800 watts.
Similarly, they all have 180W solar panels built into the lids. Coming to weight, they respectively go at 57 lbs, 63 lbs, and 75 lbs, because of battery sizes. Anyway, the Peppermint solar generators are known for their integrated form factor. You don’t need to buy and carry separate solar chargers along with this line of awesome power stations.
- Powerful All-in-One Solar Generators: Unlike Renogy Phoenix, Peppermint solar generators are highly powerful all-in-one solar generators. Therefore, they are perfect for your outing use, because you don’t need to carry bulky solar generator kits. Meanwhile, you get quite enough power as well.
- Multiple Options Available: You have three options to pick from the Peppermint series. In different power levels, you could pick the best matching one and thus save some bucks. All variants are certainly some of the best portable solar generators for camping and an emergency.
- Amazingly Portable and Handy: Though the high-end model of the series weighs around 75 pounds, its suitcase design makes it highly portable. With all the components including solar panels in one bundle, it is very easy for you to take them anywhere.
That has been our list of the best portable solar generators for camping. We have tried our best to bring to you the best portable solar generators for camping and emergency power needs. It is never easy to buy the best solar generator, mainly because we have a large variety of products out there. Each variant differs from the other in several aspects including design, style, power, storage, and etc. Anyway, hope you could find your favorite model from our list above.