A suitcase-style solar panel is a fine choice for various outdoor uses. It is quite easy to manage such a panel as it comes in a foldable form. Clearly, you can just fold it down like a briefcase after the use and store in a small room. Indeed, that is what the major advantage of the briefcase solar panels for caravans, RVs, and trailers. Of course, it is a breeze to handle a suitcase solar panel outdoors.
All famous brands sell cool pieces of suitcase solar panels. Typically, a suitcase solar panel is made of a pair of regular panels hinged together. It touts strong toggle latches to securely lock the panels. To generate solar energy, you could just unlock the suitcase and spread it out under the sun and connect to your backup. We have a list of briefcase solar panels for caravans and RVs below.
Table of Contents
Briefcase Solar Panels for Caravans and RVs
There are actually many types of briefcase solar panels for caravans, RVs, and motorhomes on the market. Depending on the size and capacity, you get a large variety of options. Fine, we would like to list out some of the most popular items below. So, it would be easier for you to find a model that matches your requirements and budget perfectly well. Stay with us to check out the listicle.
1. Eco-Worthy 80W Foldable Solar Panel Suitcase
We would like to start the list with an Eco-Worthy folding solar panel suitcase. As you see, this is an 80-watt foldable solar panel with two pieces of 40-watt polycrystalline solar panels. Like all similar products, it comes up with a pre-installed solar charge controller and is pre-wired for charging your 12V batteries. The included controller is a 15Amp unit. Use the link below to order a unit.
Check Price and Buy @ Eco-Worthy 80W Suitcase Solar Panel
Eco-Worthy is a leading player in the portable solar panel market. It offers a series of briefcase solar panels for caravans, RVs, and trailers. This is the middle variant of the line-up and it has got a lot of takers. Well, it touts good quality materials that include high-transmittance low iron tempered glass and metal for enhanced performance and better durability.
The Eco-Worthy solar suitcase bundle packs up a pair of pre-installed solar cables with the battery clips, and an adjustable metal stand to easily place the panels upright. Further, it features a stronger carrying handle and the latches to make it a durable solar panel suitcase.
Why Should You Buy
- 80W Solar Panel Suitcase With Highly Efficient Poly Solar Panels.
- 15Amp Solar Charge Controller Included.
- Durable and Highly Portable With Strong Latches and Carrying Handle.
- Adjustable Aluminum Stand to Perfectly Position the Panels.
2. Renogy 100W Eclipse Lightweight Suitcase
What about a foldable solar suitcase? This Renogy product is an incredible lightweight and foldable solar charger in the form of a suitcase. You get it in multiple variants with or without solar charge controllers. Here we have a 100W variant with a 10Amp solar charger controller. That said, you get an ideal pick to recharge your 12V gel and AGM batteries from the sun.
Check Price and Buy @ Renogy 100W Eclipse Lightweight Suitcase
As you see, the Renogy Eclipse solar charger features high-efficiency solar cells to offer you a good amount of power. The lightweight solar charger comes with a side bag to carry it easily anywhere. By the way, the included solar charge controller sports an LCD display and is up with completely adjustable parameter settings.
Apart from the 12V battery charging option, it also highlights a USB outlet so that you could use it recharge your handsets directly under the sun. The low-voltage system, in the meantime, ensures a safe flow of electric power with no shock hazards. Renogy also offers a 50W variant of the Eclipse foldable solar charger suitcase.
Why Should You Buy
- 100W Foldable Solar Panel Charger Suitcase.
- Increased Portability and Easey-to-Use.
- 10Amp Solar Charge Controller Included.
- Multiple Variants Available.
3. Goal Zero Boulder 200 Briefcase Solar Charger
Next, on our list of briefcase solar panels for caravans, we have Goal Zero Boulder 200 Briefcase. It is the top-end variant of Goal Zero’s much-touted Boulder series, which has two briefcase variants in total. This unit, as you see, is a 200W power solution with high-efficiency monocrystalline solar cells. Further, it highlights tempered glass and rigid and anodized aluminum for durability. Use the link below to buy a unit of the Boulder 200 BC solar charger.
Check Price and Buy @ Goal Zero Boulder 200 Briefcase Solar Charger
Though Goal Zero has designed the Boulder series exclusively for its Yeti power stations, it would work nicely with any third-party systems. Moreover, thanks to its foldable feature, this is a perfect choice for caravans, campers, and RVs.
Of course, there are not many high-powered suitcase solar panels like this Boulder model on the market. Besides Boulder 200 Briefcase, there is a 100W variant of it, as well. Therefore, if you are on a budget, that is an option to get a brilliant suitcase solar charger at an affordable price.
Why Should You Buy
- High-Powered 200W Suitcase Solar Charger.
- High-Quality Materials for Increased Durability.
- Built-in Kickstands to Place the Panels Upright.
- 100W Variant is Available on the Market.
4. Renogy 100W Solar Suitcase
After Renogy 100W foldable solar suitcase, we have this 100W square-style suitcase on our list of briefcase solar panels for caravans and RVs. As you see, this is a monocrystalline panel with the capacity for excellent performance in lower light environs. The solar suitcase touts an adjustable, corrosion-resistant aluminum stand and a stronger carrying handle.
Check Price and Buy @ Renogy 100-Watt Solar Suitcase Charger
Well, this Renogy solar briefcase also sports a solar charge controller. The included one is a 20Amp waterproof unit with 4-stage processing. It could provide better protection for your backup systems from various voltage variation issues. The compact and stylish solar panel suitcase has a size of 21.5 x 21.5 x 3.1 in and weight of just 11.7 pounds.
The great thing about the Renogy solar charger is that this is available in multiple power variants. Fine, as of writing this, it is also available in 50W and 200W variants, which come with or without solar charge controllers. The 50W variant is not a suitcase-style one, however.
Why Should You Buy
- Compact and Stylish 100W Solar Panel Suitcase.
- 20Amp Waterproof Solar Charge Controller.
- Other Power Variants are Available on the Market.
- Included Kickstands Made of Corrosion-Resistant Aluminum.
5. Nature Power 120W Solar Panel Suitcase
We have Nature Power’s 120W solar solution as the next item on our list of briefcase solar panels for caravans, RVs, and trailers. This is a highly powerful and portable folding solar panel suitcase for various off-grid applications. You can easily place this good-quality solar panel over the roof of your RVs, trailers, and boats, and after the use, fold it down like a briefcase, and carry hassle-free.
Check Price and Buy @ Nature Power 120W Solar Panel Suitcase
Nature Power has made use of high efficient monocrystalline silicon solar cells to design this smart folding solar charger. Surely, the silicon cells offer maximum power output so that you could quickly charge your 12V power backups. Meanwhile, its built-in diodes prevent discharge of power through solar panels in the nighttime.
You can recharge 12V batteries with the solar suitcase and when not in use keep it like a suitcase. It has a size of 67.2 x 24.8 x 3 in and it weighs at 32 pounds. See, it comes up with strong and durable metal stand and frames. So, don’t worry about its usability in tough outdoor conditions.
Why Should You Buy
- Powerful 120W Foldable Suitcase Solar Charger.
- Compact and Highly Portable Suitcase Solar Panel.
- Built-in Diode to Prevent Discharging of the Power.
- Perfect Choice for Campers, Trailers, and Caravans.
6. AcoPower 100W Foldable Solar Panel Suitcase Kit
It is another popular suitcase solar panel. The 100W solar charger is made of a pair of 50W high-efficiency Grade A monocrystalline solar panels. Along with it comes a 10A solar charge controller, making it an ideal 12V battery charger. You could use the system to charge both the car and marine batteries. And with some extra panels, you could expand the capacity of the system, by the way.
Check Price and Buy @ AcoPower 100W Solar Panel Suitcase Kit
Like all similar briefcase solar panels for caravans and RVs, this is a very handy and easy-to-use system. You could just place the panels on its built-in kickstands and set up it anywhere to charge your backups. Or fix it over your caravan or RV to continuously produce solar power.
The AcoPower solar suitcase comes up with a size of 19.69 x 25.6 x2.9 in and it weighs just 33.1 lbs. Along with the kit, you get a protective suitcase so you can safely take it anywhere on your trips. By the way, you get the suitcase solar charger in a variant without the charge controller.
Why Should You Buy
- 100W Powerful Solar Panel Suitcase Kit.
- 10Amp Solar Charge Controller.
- Perfect for Charing Both Marine and Car Batteries.
- Built-in Kickstands to Place it Anywhere Temporarily.
Why Briefcase Solar Panels for Caravans, and RVs?
- Superbly Portable: Yes, since they come in the format of a briefcase, this is very easy to handle the solar panels out in the wild. You get a pair of the same power solar panels in a bundle, i.e. a briefcase. So, you can store it in your vehicles like a caravan, RV, houseboat, or vessel, and use to juice up their power backups during the daytime.
- Stylish and Compact: The next major reason why most people choose the briefcase solar panels for caravans is their cute and compact look. As you see, most of the above solar briefcases feature small and handy design, making them ideal for various off-grid power needs. You can just store such a solar panel in a case and take it along by holding its built-in handle.
- Multiple Options: Remarkably, you get a big variety of briefcase solar panels. Most of the top brands sell outstanding suitcase-style solar panels. From the basic power options to high-end variants, you get plenty of briefcase-style solar panel systems as individual items or kits alike.
- Perfect for Solar Power Stations: Yes, most of the brands including Goal Zero offer stylish and ultra-portable briefcase solar panels with their solar-based power stations. So, it is a nice idea to get such a foldable solar panel along with the handy and lightweight power station.
Of course, briefcase solar panels for caravans are the cool ways you could use the maximum out of the sun in the wild. Being suitcase solar panels, you could easily handle them the way you want. You don’t necessarily need to fix them on the top of your caravans or RVs. You could also place them somewhere there you get good sunlight temporarily. Thanks to their easily portable design, it would be a quite hassle-free job to handle the briefcase solar panels for caravans and RVs easily.