Are you looking at buying a Goal Zero alternative portable power station? There are indeed a lot of brands that offer great solar power stations that are competitive with the Goal Zero Yeti series. If you are excited to get familiar with all the leading Goal Zero competitors, it is the right place to stick around.
Goal Zero is undeniably a large player in the portable solar power market. Yeti is its line of award-winning solar power stations, which appear in three generations; the original lead-acid models, the lithium-based models, and finally the upgraded Yeti X lithium power stations.
There was a time we only had Goal Zero and a few other brands on the market. As of today, we have many Goal Zero rivaling brands, and a lot of customers are looking at picking a Goal Zero alternative to meet their emergency and outdoor power needs. The Goal Zero rivaling brands today have power stations with advanced LifePO4 battery packs and models with seamless modular features.
THE BEST GOAL ZERO ALTERNATIVE POWER STATIONS
Bluetti AC200P Solar Generator
- 2000Wh/2000W High-Capacity Solar Power Station.
- LFP Battery with 3500 Plus Charging Cycles.
- 2000W Pure Sine Wave Inverter with 4000W Surge.
- 700W Solar and 500W AC Charging Inputs
EcoFlow DELTA Power Station
- 1260Wh Portable Solar Power Station.
- 1800-Watt Inverter with Six AC Sockets.
- X-Stream Technology for Fast Recharging.
- 13 Outlets for Multiple Electrical Devices.
Jackery Explorer 1000 Power Station
- 1002Wh Mid-Range Portable Power Station.
- 1000W/2000W Pure Sine Wave Inverter.
- Three AC Sockets and Multiple USB, and DC Ports.
Table of Contents
The Best Goal Zero Rivals
Goal Zero has been in the portable solar power market for over a decade. The company is still going in full swing with three generations of its much-touted Yeti power stations and a handful of small models. As you know, the most impressive thing about the Yeti series is its availability in various power and price options.
For a long time, Goal Zero dominated the market. Today, there are many competitive brands with a great collection of power stations and solar chargers. As said above, the below list will give you a clear idea of the most significant brands and their best products. Stay tuned for your favorite power stations.
We are excited to start with Bluetti. When it comes to the most reliable Goal Zero Yeti competitors, Bluetti is certainly a big player. With its 30-year expertise in power storage systems, Bluetti offers a series of innovative portable solar power stations under its famous branding, Bluetti.
If you are looking at buying powerful eco-friendly portable power stations, the Bluetti series is a great go. Its products are famous for their quality build from highly durable materials like cast aluminum. Inside, all the leading Bluetti power stations adorn LG’s EV-grade lithium-ion battery packs.
Moreover, the brand incorporates a lot of safety features in its products, including the battery management system to safeguard the machines from all possible voltage variation issues. Advanced MPPT solar charge controller is another attraction. That obviously makes solar charging a steady faster experience.
Bluetti avails its power stations in two series; Bluetti AC and EB. Here, we would like to cover one popular model from each series. So, you can easily find the best Bluetti power stations here.
Bluetti AC200P Solar Power Station Review
Bluetti AC200P, a 2000W powerful power station, is indeed a one-of-a-kind product in its segment. Packing up a 2000Wh LifePO4 battery pack, you really get a beast to stably power up all your essential AC and other electronics. Certainly, Bluetti shows off its powerful inverter as a unique selling point.
Bluetti has been blamed for its high-capacity power stations not having big inverters. With Bluetti AC200P, the brand has solved the complaint by including a 20000-watt continuous inverter, making it raise a serious challenge to even Goal Zero Yeti 3000X. Order a unit of the device using the link below.
The machine incorporates six full-size AC sockets to deliver 2000W power to your appliances. Further, it features four regular USB ports, one USB-C PD port at 60W, and two 15W wireless chargers. The DC ports include dual 12V barrel ports of 3A and 10A each, a 25A RV port, and a 12V cigarette lighter charger.
All the ports are secured from dust and water splashes with rubber capping. There is also a pretty large touchable LCD display that has a lot of amazing options to let you handle the power station easily.
Yet another fabulous thing with the Bluetti AC200P is its increased solar input, thanks to a highly efficient MPPT controller that can support 35-150V solar input with solar panels up to 700 watts. The Bluetti power station has a weight of 57 lbs and its size goes 16.54 x 11.03 x 15.2 inches.
- Powerful Inverter: Yes, unlike other products from the brand, this device enjoys a powerful 2000W continuous inverter. That can smoothly serve AC power to most of your household and outdoor appliances. So, it becomes a nice choice for both campers and emergency preppers.
- Six Full-Size AC Sockets: Along with a powerful inverter, you have got six three-pronged AC sockets of 110V. The US standard AC sockets will help you connect all your regular appliances to it.
- Faster Solar Charging: As stated above, the Bluetti highlights fast solar charging. Thanks to a highly efficient MPPT controller, it can support solar input up to a higher 150V and PV panels up to 700W.
- Touchable Display with Advanced Control Options: Beyond everything, the Bluetti touts a decently large touchable LCD display. As flaunted by the brand, the display has a lot of innovative control options to let you have a complete overlook of the power station quickly.
Bluetti 1500Wh Solar Generator Review
Next, we have Bluetti EB150. As its title suggests, it is a 1500Wh high-capacity power station and is featuring a 1000W pure sine wave inverter that can surge at 1200 watts. The machine integrates multiple charging options, including dual full-size 110V AC sockets.
Like Bluetti AC200P, it also carries LG’s much-touted, ultra-safe EV-grade lithium battery cells. Along with the Battery Management System, its battery guarantees you enhanced safety. You can take it anywhere on your trips, and use it in your RV, camper, trailer, remote cabin, and more. Check out its price below.
Moreover, the machine is equipped with a reliable MPPT solar charge controller, which supports solar input of 16V～60V. Thus, you can connect it to a solar array of up to 500 watts, and enjoy a 40% times faster solar charging experience under an optimal sun.
When it comes to the charging points, besides the AC sockets, the Bluetti features a 12V cigarette lighter charger, four USB 3A 5V ports, and one USB-C PD port at 45W. That is, you can use the power station to run most of your essential appliances and gadgets, including fridges, ovens, car vacuum cleaners, and more.
Design-wise, even if a heavy 37.9lbs power station, it features an extremely portable profile with a sturdy carrying handle. By the way, the size of the device goes 14.6 x 6.5 x 14.4 in, so you can comfortably use it in various outdoor applications, emergencies, RVs, campervans, and more.
- High-Capacity Solar Generator: Of course, the Bluetti is a high-capacity power station with a 1500Wh lithium battery pack. Thus, it can raise severe challenges to Goal Zero’s midrange Yeti power stations as one of the best solar power stations on the market.
- EV-Grade LG Battery Pouch Cells: Certainly, it seems to be one of the unique selling points of the Bluetti power station. Its powerful battery is made up of LG’s high-quality auto-grade pouch cells. So, it can offer you long life and increased efficiency in power storage.
- MPPT Charge Controller: The built-in high-efficiency MPPT charge controller is another lovely thing. Compared to many of its competitors’ PWM controllers, it is a fast and advanced one. As per the brand, it enables the power station to be charged 40 times faster than many of its competitors.
COMPATIBLE SOLAR CHARGER
Like all similar power stations, you can use any solar panel to recharge the Bluetti devices. If you have the right connectors, any panel goes with the power stations. Bluetti was not offering a solar charger until it released Bluetti AC200P. With AC200P, the brand launched a 120W folding panel, called Bluetti SP-120.
It is a highly efficient mono solar charger made with ETFE technology to ensure durability and long life. The SunPower mono solar cells are able to offer a conversion rate of up to 23%. Check out the solar panel on the link below at Amazon.com.
Of course, being a foldable charger, it is a lightweight and easy-to-carry solution. With a weight of 6.7lb, you can surely take it anywhere on your trips and handle it smoothly. It equips four adjustable kickstands so that you can place it anywhere neatly to grab as much solar power as possible during the daytime.
- Folding Solar Charger: It is a highly efficient four-fold solar charger. Made with four arrays of 30-watt mono solar cells, you get a durable and premium quality charger to power Bluetti power stations. After use, you can fold it down like a suitcase and carry it anywhere on its strong handle.
- Higher Conversion Rate: Thanks to the high-efficiency SunPower mono solar cells, the Bluetti solar charger is able to provide you with a 23% conversion rate. That is quite enough to back up your solar power stations, and you can chain together multiple units for faster charging.
Jackery is the next top brand. Founded by a former Apple battery engineer, Jackery looks to be the biggest threat to Goal Zero with its series of well-engineered solar power stations. With state-of-the-art R & D and manufacturing expertise, Jackery has a series of power stations under the branding, Explorer.
The Jackery Explorer line-up mainly features four models as of now. They are the entry-level Explorer 160 and Explorer 240, midrange Explorer 500, and the top-end Explorer 1000. Sometime back, Jackley was also offering a variant called, Explorer 440, which the brand looks to have discontinued.
All the Jackery power stations share a universal design and form factor like the Goal Zero Yeti series. They are all extremely portable solutions, thanks to their compact profiles and solid built-in carrying handles.
Jackery Explorer 1000 Power Station Review
Here is the top-end variant of Jackery’s portable solar power stations. As its name suggests, it is a 1002Wh solar power station with a 1000-watt inverter and three 110V AC sockets. Of course, the long-awaited high-end model of the Explorer series is certainly one of the best Goal Zero alternatives out there today.
Design-wise, Explorer 1000 makes little difference to its younger variants, including Explorer 500. You have the same color theme, oval form factor, and a solid built-in handle. But it is a totally different product when it comes to the innards, and as a 1002Wh power station, it lifts the threat to Goal Zero’s Yeti 1000 Lithium.
Besides the AC sockets, the machine features two USB-C ports with Power Delivery, one Quick Charge 3.0 port, and one regular USB-A port. The DC socket is a single 12V,10A cigarette lighter charger. Meanwhile, there is an 8mm DC input unit, and a 12V~30V 200W max solar charging point.
When it comes to the size, Explorer 1000 is a 13.1 x 9.2 x 11.1 in and it has a weight of 22.04lbs. Overall, it looks to be a fine choice for RVers, campers, outdoor enthusiasts, and preppers. They can all carry the little powerhouse anywhere and enjoy access to unlimited off-grid power attached to a reliable solar charger.
- Powerful Solar Power Station: First of all, Explorer 1000 is the most powerful solar power station from Jackery. With a 1002Wh storage capacity and 1000W power inverter, it can comfortably run most of your household AC appliances. It also equips three standard 110V AC sockets.
- Perfect for Van Life and Outdoor Parties: Of course, as a high-capacity power station, it is a perfect choice for van dwellers and outdoor party organizers. Its portable design helps you carry it into the wild to ensure access to unlimited portable and off-grid power.
- Strong Competitor to Yeti 1000: Goal Zero’s midrange Yeti 1000 Lithium is a top player in the market. With Explorer 1000, Jackery has its answer to the top-performer Yeti. Of course, you have enough reasons, including the price to go for an Explorer 1000 in place of its Yeti alternative.
Jackery Explorer 500 Power Station Review
Explorer 500 is simply the midrange variant of Jackery’s solar power stations. Specs-wise, it is a medium-capacity 518Wh device with a 500W pure sine wave inverter that can surge at 1000 watts. So, it can easily run most of your emergency household and outdoor AC appliances.
Meanwhile, with its USB and DC power outlets, it is a perfect choice to juice up all your necessary gadgets like handsets, lights, cameras, and more. By the way, coming its specs and capacity, it looks to be a strong competitor to Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium. Check out the link below for the latest price of the device.
Explorer 500 has a very cool and stylish profile, indeed. Along with its highlighted typical orange-and-black shade, it is a very handy and compact power station. So, it is a fine choice for all your camping, outdoor, and survival needs. Its strong built-in carrying handle contributes much to its portability factor.
Its charging ports include three DC outlets. They are one standard 12V, 10A cigarette lighter charger, and two 12V barrel ports. The USB ports are three 5V and 2.4A units. When it comes to the input, there is an 8mm DC inlet, and a solar charging point of 12V~30V (100W Max).
What’s more, as a camper-friendly power station, it integrates an emergency flashlight so that you can light up your tent and camping trails at nighttime. In short, with its multiple charging options, flashlight, and compact profile, you get a worthy product to power up your life out in the wild or in an emergency.
- Handy and Lightweight: Certainly, its design simply shows how handy and compact the power station is. It highlights a compact and easy-to-use profile along with a strong carrying handle. Also, it weighs just 13.32 lbs so you wouldn’t feel any hassle in carrying it anywhere.
- Ideal Emergency Power Pack: Like all similar products, it is basically an emergency power pack. Still, it stands out with a built-in flashlight, compact and stylish profile, and a built-in handle. Surely, it can turn out to be a lifesaver for you in the wild or in an emergency.
- Goal Zero Yeti 400 Competitor: Of course, Explorer 500 is a direct rival to Goal Zero’s very famous Yeti 400 Lithium, perhaps the top seller of the brand’s second-generation Yeti series. If you don’t like Yeti 400 for any reason, go for Explorer 500. That is an awesome replacement, for sure.
COMPATIBLE SOLAR CHARGER
Of course, you can use any solar panel to power up both the Jackery power stations. You only need to have the required DC adapters. But Jackery itself offers a line of solar chargers for its Explorer series under the branding, SolarSaga. Here, we have the 100W variant of the series, known as Jackery SolarSaga 100.
It is actually the top-end model of the brand’s solar chargers. Apart from this, there are also 60W and 50W solar panels under SolarSaga branding.
Fine, the top-end Explorer 1000 supports solar panels up to 200 watts, while its younger sibling can be connected to a solar panel for up to 100 watts. So, you can pair two units of SolarSaga 100 for Explorer 1000, and one is enough for the latter. Check out its latest price below.
It is a highly portable two-fold solar charger. Along with a built-in kickstand and solid plastic cladding on both ends, you get a premium quality solar charger for Jackery Explorers. It is a solar charger with highly efficient mono solar cells that can convert up to 23% to power up your power station in a few hours.
By the way, it highlights one USB-C and one USB-A port to help you directly recharge your handsets and other USB devices. So, even if you don’t have a Jackery power station, you can use the product for the real-time charging of your basic electronics in the wilderness.
- Handy and Lightweight: This is a very much handy and lightweight solar charger. With a weight of 3.3 lbs and a size of 26 x 22.5 x 2.5 inches, you can easily handle it out in the wild.
- Powerful Folding Solar Charger: As you see, it is a 100W folding solar charger with highly efficient mono solar cells that can offer a higher conversion rate.
- Built-In Kickstands: The solar charger further features built-in kickstands to help you place it neatly in a way it can attract as much sunlight as possible for charging your power stations.
- Dual-USB Output: Finally, you have it equipped with dual USB sockets to let you connect your handsets for direct charging under the sunlight.
Needless to say, EcoFlow is another famous competitor to Goal Zero. It has got only a small collection of solar power stations, but all its models are very stylish, feature-rich, and highly reliable solutions.
EcoFlow came into existence back in 2017. A team of drone battery engineers founded the firm, which has now grown up to be a leading vendor of highly efficient and ultra-portable solar power stations.
The brand made its entry into the portable power market with a 188Wh River power station. Launched on Indiegogo, the project attracted around 2 million USD from nearly 4000 supporters across the world.
Currently, the brand is famous for its Delta and the updated River power stations. We have our takes on the brand’s best products below. So, you will get to know what a wonderful Goal Zero competitor EcoFlow is.
EcoFlow DELTA Power Station Review
Earlier known as DELTA 1300, EcoFlow Delta is one of the most popular mid-range solar power stations on the market. It is a 1260Wh power station with a quality lithium-ion battery pack. With 13 versatile charging options, you can use it to power up most of your essential devices in the wild.
Thanks to the 1800W (3300W surge) pure sine wave inverter, it can comfortably run your bigger appliances like power tools, fridge, oven, and more. To support multiple appliances at a time, the power station equips six 120V AC sockets, which is indeed one of the unique selling points of EcoFlow Delta.
The included X-Stream charging technology is another key attraction. As per the brand, it makes the power station charge 10 times faster than other models on the market. It also touts an advanced MPPT controller to get it charged rather faster with solar panels.
Apart from the six AC sockets, the device integrates multiple USB and DC outlets. They are two USB-A 2.4A, two USB-A Fast Charge, and as many USB-C sockets. The carport is a regulated 13.6V socket.
- 1800-Watt Power and Six AC Outlets: A powerful inverter with six AC sockets is one of the notable attractions of EcoFlow Delta. Coupled with its 1260Wh battery pack, it makes Delta smoothly power up most of your essential appliances and devices in the wild or during a blackout.
- 13 Charging Options: The EcoFlow team largely highlighted the integration of 13 charging points as a unique selling point of Delta at its release. Of course, it was one of the first solar power stations to hit the stores with versatile charging options to cover all your devices.
- X-Stream Charging Technology: The built-in fast charging technology helps you recharge Delta from a wall socket rather faster. That is always a great advantage for a portable solar power station to feature as you will have to charge it quickly before getting out on an outdoor trip.
EcoFlow RIVER Portable Power Station Review
EcoFlow River is a small, but modular power station. It is originally a 288Wh machine with a 600W inverter. But you can expand its battery up to 576Wh by attaching it to the brand’s Extra Battery module.
Likewise, thanks to X-Boost technology, the device can even run appliances up to 1800 watts. It features three pure sine wave AC sockets and seven other charging options to power up to 10 devices at a time.
The brand also offers River in other variants, River Pro and River Max, by the way. They are all basically the same product but have different storage capacities, thanks to their amazing modular profiles.
Like EcoFlow Delta, River also features the brand’s patented X-Stream charging technology. So, you can charge it up to 80% from zero in just an hour, and fully in 1.6 hours.
Meanwhile, the X-Boost mode is an incredible feature. It supports most of your essential devices so you don’t need to go for a large power station to run your big appliances. However, the brand recommends using devices up to 1200 watts only for ideal performance.
Finally, with River, you get an ultra-mobile power station. With a weight of 11lbs, what you get is a handy and lightweight machine. It is only slightly bigger than a bread toaster, with a size of 11.3 x 7.3 x 7.7 in.
- Modular and Compact Power Station: It is one of the few compact and small solar power stations with a modular profile. Coming up with an additional battery module, you can easily adjust its overall battery capacity for your needs.
- Lightweight and Portable: These are the great attributes a solar power station for outdoor and off-grid power needs should boast of. It is here that EcoFlow has done a great job by crafting River in a handy and ultra-portable profile with incredible scalability features.
- 10 Charging Options: Along with three AC sockets, River touts many other charging points. They are two 2.4A USB-A, one USB-A Fast Charge, one USB-C, a regulated carport, and a pair of DC sockets.
COMPATIBLE SOLAR CHARGER
EcoFlow offers a handful of solar chargers for its power stations.
The most suitable one for both River and Delta is the brand’s 110-watt folding solar charger. It is a highly efficient mono solar charger that you can easily take anywhere to enjoy access to unlimited solar power.
Of course, like any solar charger, it will work with most of the power stations on the market. With an MC4 to XT60 cable, it goes fine with River and Delta, for sure. A pair of solar chargers will be nice for River, while four chargers will be sufficient to charge a Delta.
- Ultra-Portable and Foldable: First of all, the EcoFlow solar charger is good for portable applications as it comes with an ultra-portable and foldable profile. You can fold up the four-layered solar charger and place it on its built-in kickstands anywhere.
- Highly Efficient Mono Solar Charger: As you know already, the EcoFlow charger is made of highly efficient mono solar cells. Hence, it is great that you can enjoy a higher conversion rate for charging your power stations quickly.
- Highly Durable and Waterproof: The solar charge can endure all climatic conditions, thanks to its rough and durable build. Whether it is rain or tough weather, no worries about the solar charger.
4. Titan – Point Zero Energy
Titan is an awesome solar generator from a brand called Point Zero Energy. The company was founded by David Willis, a mechanical and aerospace engineer. Working in the field of solar power systems for over 15 years, Willis realized that there is a shortage of reliable portable solar backup systems on the market.
His research led him to found Point Zero Energy in 2013. The Southern Idaho firm is currently known for its highly scalable solar power station, called Titan solar generator. Though a single product, it comes up with seamless expansion capability, making it a serious threat to Goal Zero’s top-line Yeti solar power stations.
David Willis recognized that better scalability is the key factor that leads to the reliability of a solar backup system. Truly, with limited storage capacity, a solar power station is not anything exciting. Thus, we have Titan as the most versatile modular power station and one of the Goal Zero competing brands as of today.
Titan Solar Generator Review
Of course, Titan is currently creating waves in the portable solar power market. As said above, the most exciting thing about the device is its indefinite expandability. The brand offers a 2000Wh supplementary back-up to attach to the bottom of the main unit to take its capacity to the infinite range.
Titan is basically a 2000Wh solar power station with a highly reliable 3000W continuous pure sine wave inverter that can surge up to 6000 watts. The battery is a lithium-ion high-performance one that you can buy in more units and add up to the bottom of the existing one.
Another point of attraction is that the machine has two sets of inverter outputs with each can handle 15 amps. As you see in the image, both sets feature three full-size AC sockets each to pull out a massive 30 amps in total. That means you can virtually run any AC appliance on Titan.
More amazing, Titan incorporates dual 40Amp MPPT charge controllers that can support 1000 watts each. So, you can connect dual 1000W solar arrays to the heavy-duty solar generator that can push in up to 145V open circuit power to each of its receptacles at 30 amps.
Other Charging Options
Other than the AC sockets, the charging points of Titan include four DC cigarette lighter charger sockets. They are all regulated to pull out at a rate of 13.2V, but you don’t have any USB ports built on it. However, the brand offers four USB adapters that in total integrate eight USB ports, including two USB-C ports.
It also features a 30A RV outlet and a decent LCD display. When it comes to the size and weight, it is 18.5 x 12 x 12 inches with the battery and the power module together, and the power module weighs 32 lbs and the battery at 35 lbs. Obviously, extra batteries will add up to the weight and size.
- Highly Modular and Reliable: As its maker envisioned, Titan has surely turned out to be an incredible modular and reliable solar generator. You can add up multiple 2000Wh batteries to the bottom of it to take its total capacity to new heights.
- Powerful Inverter with Six AC Sockets: The next outstanding thing with Titan is indeed its powerful 3000W inverter with a surge power of 6000W. Plus, you have the machine equipped with two sets of AC sockets with three full-size plugs to pull out a massive 30 amps.
- Faster Solar Charging Speeds: Needless to say, Titan is breathtaking with its dual MPPT controllers of 1000W each. Hence, you can charge it quite faster under the sun by using multiple solar arrays. It supports a solar input of 35V to 145V DC power.
COMPATIBLE SOLAR CHARGER
As stated above, Titan is capable of supporting up to 2000 watts of solar input, thanks to its famous dual MPPT controllers. Hence, you can connect two arrays of 1000W PV panels to ensure fast and quick solar charging. You can use any solar panels, but the brand itself offers suitable solar panels.
Also, you get Titan in several bundles with the brand’s different solar panels. Below is a sample of the brand’s one of the top-seller heavy-duty Titan solar power kits. To make use of the maximum input capacity of Titan, it offers you 20 units of 100W rigid solar panel for a total output of 2000 watts.
When it comes to solar panels, Point Zero Energy offers two types; rigid and flexible, respectively known as Titan Rigid 100 and Titan Flexx 100. As you see, the first one is a traditional glass and metal panel, while the second one is a flexible mono solar panel with both offering a decent output of 100 watts.
A single unit of the flexible panel weighs just 4.8lbs, while its rigid variant is at 16lbs. Anyway, as you see, the brand sells Titan in a variety of kits with two solar panels. As it needs more solar panels for faster charging, it is better if you buy a Titan kit other than buying the power station and panels separately.
- 100W Flexible and Rigid Solar Panels: The most incredible thing with the Titan solar generator is that you get it with two types of solar panels; flexible and rigid. As per your needs, you can pick the right type. If you want the power station for portable use, flexible is nice, while the rigid one is good for permanent installation.
- Lightweight and Durable Flexible Panel: The flexible panels are of high efficiency and durability, apart from the lightweight profile. Of course, you can carry them anywhere easily in a bag and spread out to grab as much solar energy as possible to power up Titan.
- Available in Several Solar Panel Bundles: Different from any other brands, including Goal Zero, Titan comes in a large number of kits with different types and counts of solar panels to match your needs. So, you don’t need to buy the power station and panels individually. You have everything in kits.
5. Lion Energy
Next, we have another incredible brand called, Lion Energy. The company works with a goal to ensure safe and reliable portable solar power products to the customers. Of course, it has done a good job by designing some incredible solutions for survival and portable power needs.
Lion Energy offers multiple solar power stations, solar lithium batteries, solar panels, solar power kits, and other survival accessories, such as jump starters, air compressors, LED lights, hand cranks, and more. Here, we would like to have a look at two of its popular power stations and compatible solar chargers.
Lion solar power stations are famous for their rugged and compact profiles. Though it doesn’t offer several variants like Goal Zero, the models available are indeed good quality items. The high-end Lion Energy Safari ME is a heavy-duty, modular power station that you can expand with a supplementary battery pack.
Lion Energy Safari ME Solar Power Station Review
It is indeed a professional-grade heavy-duty solar generator. If you are looking at buying an off-grid backup system to power up your gadgets all day without fail in an outing or emergency, Safari ME is a great choice. As said above, it notably highlights a scalable profile besides fast solar charging and other features.
Specs-wise, Safari ME is actually a 922Wh power station with a cylindrical cell LiFePO4 lithium phosphate battery pack. It can deliver the power through its dual full-size AC sockets at 2000 watts continuously and 4000 watts in the surge. Check out its latest price on the link below.
Besides the AC sockets, it incorporates dual USB-C and as many USB-A ports. Plus, there is also a 12-volt cigarette lighter charger to operate your carport-powered gadgets. The device sports a pretty large LCD screen to let you monitor all the important system information.
The unique thing with Safari ME is absolutely its modular profile. You can buy a supplementary battery of 2048Wh, which offers a life cycle of 3500 times. By the way, the Lion is also a decent performer in solar charging speeds, thanks to its 585W MPPT controller that can support a solar input of up to 668W.
Coming to the design, Safari ME is indeed strong and sturdy. It features two solid side handles so you can smoothly carry the 44-lbs power station to your camping tent, worksites, and more. It has a size of 16.7 x 9.6 x 9.8 in without the additional battery, which you can stack up on the base unit and link via a cable.
- Reliable Power Inverter: The most attractive thing with Lion Energy Safari ME seems to be its bigger power inverter. Its 3000-watt pure sine wave inverter makes it highly competitive with Goal Zero Yeti 3000 Lithium. There are not many solar power stations with high-power inverters out there.
- Expandable Storage Capacity: Though the base unit of Safari ME has only a 922Wh battery, you can expand it further, as said above. If you buy the brand’s battery expansion module, you can increase its capacity three times more than the original’s.
- Rugged and Strong Profile: The next thing is certainly its rugged and sturdy design. You have it with a strong rubbery guard on all sides, and even the expansion battery pack has a durable design. So, you can use the power station out in the wild with no worry, at all.
Lion Safari LT Solar Generator Review
Lion Safar LT is the brand’s answer to Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium. It is a 450Wh portable power station with an inverter of 500 watts. The rugged and durable form factor is the biggest advantage of the power station which can be a perfect companion for outdoor enthusiasts as well as emergency preppers.
The machine incorporates dual full-size AC sockets. With its decent power output and capacity, it can run lights, laptops, power tools, and other AC appliances. With a weight of just 11 lbs and a size of 11.8 x 6.5 X 7.3 in, the stylish solar power station makes Lion Energy one of the best Goal Zero competitors.
Other than the AC sockets, it integrates four USB outlets, including one USB 3.0 Quick Charger port. The DC outlets include a 12V 10A cigarette lighter charger and four 5A 12V units. All the charging ports other than AC sockets are well secured with rubber capping to safeguard them from dust and water splashes.
Along with the ports, it has got a long LCD display to let you track the system info. By the way, design-wise, Lion Safari LT looks to be really a wonder. Made with high-quality materials, it has got a rugged profile with reinforced corner bumpers. So, it looks to be a perfect solar power solution for survival life.
- Ideal Outdoor Solar Power Station: Yes, thanks to its rugged profile, Lion Safari LT is a perfect choice for all your outdoor power requirements. You can carry it in your hand or keep it in your RV and take it anywhere with no worry of the dust and water splashes.
- Portable Solar Power Beast: Safari LT is certainly a powerful solar power station of its kind. With a 500W inverter and 450Wh battery, it is an ideal alternative to Yeti 400 and others in the segment.
- Stylish and Compact Design: Alongside its rugged profile, Safari LT has a very stylish look. You have it in a dark shade with bumpy safety guards on all the edges. A longer display and rubber-capped charging ports also add to the charm of the solar power station from Lion Energy.
COMPATIBLE SOLAR CHARGER
Lion Energy sells exclusive solar chargers for its power stations. Its famous 100-watt Lion solar suitcase seems to be an ideal choice for both the power stations. But for Safari ME, you will require to pair multiple units to recharge it rather faster from the sunlight.
By the way, being a suitcase solar charger, you can easily handle it outdoors. Both its storage and use are indeed a breeze for users. When in use, you can use set it up on its built-in kickstands to grab as much power as possible from the sun. Check out its latest price on the link below.
Throughout the day, the solar charger can provide an average power of 71 watts. Made with highly efficient mono solar cells, it can offer a conversion rate of up to 18%. The anti-corrosive double-walled structural housing makes it stronger and more durable for outdoor uses.
- Suitcase Solar Charger: The most impressive feature of the Lion 100W solar panel is its suitcase form. That is, you can fold it down to a handy form after use and store it in a small room. Once in use, you can place it on its kickstands and grab the most out of the sunlight during the day.
- Highly Efficient Mono Solar Charger: As you see, it is made of high-efficiency mono solar cells to offer you a higher conversion rate. Thus, you can power up your Lion power stations steadily faster.
- Available in a 24V Variant: Lion Energy also offers the solar charger in a 24V variant. Moreover, the brand has its solar panels in bundles with its popular power stations and emergency kits so that you can buy them at affordable prices to meet essential portable power needs.
Renogy is a famous American vendor of innovative solar power solutions. Of course, Renogy is counted as one of Goal Zero’s competitors with some incredible solar products including a pair of solar power stations.
Still, the brand has its stronghold in portable solar panels and solar kits that are perfect for various outdoor applications in RVs, campers, boats, trailers, cabins, and homes.
Apart from solar panels, Renogy offers many solar accessories like charge controllers, solar batteries, inverters, and a lot more. Its series of solar suitcases are also very famous. Anyway, here we would like to check out two of its popular solar power stations known as Lycan Powerbox and Phoenix.
Renogy Lycan 5000 Power Box Review
Renogy’s Lycan Powerbox is a high-capacity 4.8kWh, 3500W portable power station. Well, this is quite enough to power up an iPhone around 100 times and a GoPro for around 260 times. As far as its specs are taken into account, Lycan really competes with Goal Zero Yeti’s 1000 Lithium. Of course, you have a machine with a longer-life lithium-iron-phosphate battery.
Interestingly, beating all Goal Zero Yetis, it features four 110V AC sockets that can offer you a maximum of 1200 watts. That means you can comfortably run most of your emergency AC appliances for a pretty long time in a survival or off-grid situation. Check out the link below for its latest price and buy a unit.
Coming to other charging options, Lycan sports four 5V/2.4A USB ports, three 12V DC outlets at 60W, and a 12V cigarette charger at 150 watts. That said, you have it with all the important charging options. What’s more, it has got an openable transparent covering over the control area where you have all the outlets, inlets, and the screen. So, they are all safe from the dust outdoors.
Designed like the old-gen Goal Zero Yeti 1250, the Renogy power station has got a cart-like form. It equips a heavy-duty handle and sturdy wheels so that you can easily carry it anywhere in the wild. By the way, it also enjoys a facility for battery changing so you can keep a fully charged extra battery for swapping.
- Powerful Machine: The Renogy equips a 1075Wh lithium-iron-phosphate battery with a maximum pure sine wave output of 1200 watts.
- Multiple Charging Options: As you have seen above, the Lycan features four 110V universal AC ports, four USB outlets, three 12V DC sockets, and one cigarette lighter charger.
- Covering Over the Control Area: Yes, it has got a transparent openable covering over the outlets and inlets to safeguard them from dust and water splashes out in the wild.
- Heavy-Duty Handle and Sturdy Wheels: The cart-style solar power station is equipped with a heavy-duty carrying handle and strong wheels.
COMPATIBLE SOLAR CHARGER
Renogy doesn’t recommend any specific solar panels for its solar power stations including Lycan. However, the brand offers a big variety of solar panels in regular, flexible, as well as suitcase variants. You can use any Renogy solar panel to recharge the Lycan Powerbox. Here we have Renogy’s famous 100W suitcase solar panel. Check out the link below to buy a unit of the solar suitcase.
Of course, a flexible or foldable solar panel would be nicer for your travels and trips. A flexible panel is a cool choice for easy mounting over various uneven surfaces such as a boat deck, RV roof, and camp tent roof. Meanwhile, a foldable solar panel like the above one makes it quite simple for you to handle in the wild as you can fold it down to a small unit after use.
This Renogy panel is made of two 50-watt mono solar panels. They are paired together with strong hinges and a latch to add to its stability as a suitcase variant. Also, it integrates solid kickstands for placing easily anywhere. Result-wise, it is capable of providing an ideal output of 500Wh per day depending on the sun.
- High-Performance Solar Panel: It is a highly efficient solar suitcase with increased conversion efficiency. It can offer 500 watt-hours of power a day if you place it in a locality with good sunlight.
- Excellent Low Light Performance: The solar suitcase is designed to guarantee increased performance in low light conditions as well.
- Durable Design: Certainly, it is a piece of the highly durable solar charger. Made with a heavy-duty handle and latches, you get it with longer life.
- Kickstands: It also features adjustable corrosion-resistant aluminum kickstands so you can place it in a stable manner anywhere.
Renogy Phoenix Solar Generator Review
Here is another great pick on our list of products from the top Goal Zero rivaling products. It is Renogy Phoenix, an all-in-one portable solar generator, which integrates a pair of solar panels on its suitcase-style lids to recharge its integrated battery. Once the panels are folded down, Phoenix is exactly like a suitcase.
That is how Renogy Phoenix is counted as one of the unique and full-fledged solar generators that actually misses out on a direct rival in the Goal Zero Yeti line-up. Undoubtedly, the Renogy is known for its legendary portability and easier maneuverability. Check out its latest price on the link below.
Obviously, its suitcase-style profile makes you carry it anywhere easily and recharge your handsets from solar energy. Specs-wise, it is a 150W power station with a 17.1Ah Li-ion battery inside. So, you can use it to power up any AC appliance under 150 watts by connecting to its single AC socket.
Plus, the Phoenix solar generator sports four USB ports, two DC sockets, and one cigarette lighter charger. Meanwhile, the included solar panels are 10W each to a total of 20 watts. By the way, you can boost its solar charging capability by adding an external solar panel of up to 120 watts.
In short, Phoenix has been doing well out there for a while. It offers you a host of advanced features like an MPPT controller, a 3W LED flashlight, a pure sine wave inverter, an LCD screen, and more. If you would like to buy a basic portable solar generator, this can be a nice pick for camping and an emergency.
- All-In-One Solar Generator: Surely, its all-in-one profile is the most exciting thing that makes Phoenix different from all Goal Zero Yetis. Well, you don’t need to buy separate panels, but you can add extra panels up to 120 watts if you want to make solar charging rather faster.
- Extremely Portable and LIghtweight: Compared to its equivalent in Goal Zero’s line-up, Yeti 150, this Renogy product is amazingly portable and friendly for all your outdoor explorations.
- Suitcase-Style Design: Yes, it is another lovely thing. The Renogy machine features a suitcase-style design. So, you can easily move it from one place to the other with not much hassle.
- Lithium Battery: The Phoenix power station, as said above, comes with a lithium battery, making it one of Goal Zero’s competitors. Yeti 150, in the meantime, has an old-style lead-acid battery inside.
COMPATIBLE SOLAR CHARGER
Absolutely, you don’t need a separate solar panel for Phoenix solar generator. However, as said above, you can add extra panels up to 120W if you would like to bring down solar charging time. Renogy is indeed a leading player in offering a wide range of reliable solar panels.
We have a 50-watt solar panel from the brand below. That is a single-sheet solar panel. Renogy also offers many suitcases, foldable, and flexible solar panel suitcases for Phoenix. Follow the link below to check out its latest price and buy a unit and check out more powerful variants of the panel.
As you see, it is a highly efficient mono solar panel that can deliver a high solar conversion rate. Further, it features two bypass diodes to minimize the power drop due to the shade and low light. By the way, it also has a stylish and improved look. You can also place it somewhere neatly on its durable kickstand.
- High-Performance Solar Panel: Made of highly efficient solar cells, you get a high-performance solar panel for your power station and other electronics.
- Perfect for Low-Light Conditions: It is also offering an ideal low-light performance. The integrated dual bypass diodes ensure that the solar cells are capable of grabbing power even in low light.
- Multiple Variants Available: Yes, as you see, the Renogy solar panel is available in a range of power options like 100W and 200W. Some of the variants also feature suitcase forms.
AllPowers is another leading Goal Zero rival. Founded in 2010, AllPowers focuses on portable solar power and portable lithium battery solutions. It has been serving customers in more than 30 countries and it has an association with leading brands like Geepas, Hanergy, and Decathalon.
With a number of solar power stations, AllPowers is one of the key Goal Zero rivaling companies on the market, for sure. It has four impressive products with capacities of 154Wh, 288Wh, 372Wh, and 1700Wh.
Further, AllPowers offers a large collection of solar panels, solar chargers, and flexible panels. Anyway, below we would like to have a look at the top-end AllPowers 372Wh power station.
AllPowers 372Wh Solar Generator Review
As put above, this is a 372Wh power station and so is a direct competitor to Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium. With a 105000mAh lithium battery, it is absolutely a high-capacity device with a small and lightweight profile that makes it one of the best camping solar power stations out there.
Its compact and portable build certainly makes it an outstanding piece of the solar power station to revive your life outdoors. Meanwhile, it equips a 300W pure sine wave inverter with a peak power of 500 watts. Follow the button below to check out its latest price and buy a unit.
When it comes to the charging options, the AllPowers features multiple outlets. They include a unit of 12V cigarette lighter charger, two 12V DC outlets, three fast-charging USB ports, and two standard AC sockets. Well, the AC outlets feature slidable rubber caps to safeguard from dust and water splashes.
Above all, the machine sports a petty large display to show the battery status and other info. Design-wise, it is a very stylish and cute device. It has got a strong hideable carrying handle. It weighs just 9 lbs and with its size of 8.1 x 6.5 x 4.7 in, you can easily carry it anywhere in the wild.
- Stylish and Colorful: Making it a big challenge to the Goal Zero Yeti line, the AllPowers machine touts a very stylish look and feel. It has also got a very compact and durable outdoor-friendly design.
- Lightweight and Portable: So much important is its highly portable profile. It comes up with a durable carrying handle. So, you can carry it on your trips and travels hassle-free.
- Multiple Charging Options: Raising a tough challenge to all its rivals, the AllPowers features multiple charging options like two AC sockets, three USB ports, and multiple DC outlets including a CIG port.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Above all, the AllPowers has Bluetooth connectivity. So, with the included AIpower App, you can access complete information about the device on Android and iOS gadgets.
AllPowers Monster X Portable Power Station Review
Monster X is one of the most popular midrange solar power stations on the market. The 1700Wh machine challenges Goal Zero Yeti 1500X. It has got a 2000W inverter and four AC sockets with a 3300W surge.
In its crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo, Monster X turned up to be a huge success as it could collect 17,000% more of its preset goal from over 3000 supporters. The big-capacity and powerful device is indeed an ideal way to power up your life in an emergency, long-hour blackout, or outdoor event.
You get Monster X with a highly reliable battery pack. Made with the 3C high-rate lithium-ion battery cells, it can run a host of your essential appliances like power tools, refrigerator, oven, and even a Tesla. Though a big power station, it is so compact and decently lightweight that you can handle it easily in the wild.
Coming to charging options, apart from the four AC sockets, Monster X has four USB ports, including two USB-A Quick Charge @28W max and as many USB-A @12W max units. Plus, it sports a pair of 60W Type-C USB Power Delivery sockets and a 120W, 12V car socket.
For charging from the solar source, it has got a 200W solar input and an advanced MPPT charge controller. There are a 200W DC input port and a regular AC socket to recharge it from other sources, by the way. The built-in fast-charging technology makes it charge quite faster from all options.
- High-Capacity Power Station: With a 1700Wh, 429,650mAh lithium battery, AllPowers Monster X is a powerful machine. It can power up almost all your essential AC appliances and devices.
- Power for a Tesla: Its battery capacity makes it even charge your Tesla in an emergency. A fully charged Monster X can help run your electric car for up to 7.5 extra miles.
- Strong and Rugged Build: Made with high-quality materials, you get a really rugged and strong power station. It features an aluminum alloy structure to hold the battery safely and some of its body parts are made of quality ABS+ plastic.
- Versatile Charging Options: Including four AC sockets, the AllPowers solar power station features a variety of charging options, which comprise USB-C PD ports, other USB ports, and a car socket.
COMPATIBLE SOLAR CHARGER
You can use any solar panel or solar charger with the AllPowers power station. But the brand itself offers some awesome solar chargers for its power stations. Its series of foldable solar chargers are available in different power options, starting from 60 watts to 100 watts.
Being cool foldable solar power solutions, they are all perfect for easy use on your trips, letting you collect as much solar energy as possible to recharge your power station and other electronics. Check out the link below to buy a unit of 100W two-fold AllPowers folding solar charger.
Specs-wise, it is a two-fold polycrystalline solar charger. Made of highly efficient poly solar cells, it can offer you a high conversion efficiency. As you see, it is a very slim and lightweight solar charger so you can take it anywhere easily and enjoy access to unlimited solar power.
- High-Efficient Solar Panel: Featuring highly efficient poly solar cells, the AllPowers 100-watt solar charger is a great way you can ensure unlimited off-grid power to back up your power station.
- Slim and Powerful: It is an ultra-slim and lightweight solar charger thanks to its two layers of solar panels. Weighing at just 7.9lb pounds, you can handle it quite conveniently in the wild. Meanwhile, after use, you can just fold it into a handy pocket-friendly briefcase form.
- Multiple Adapters: The solar charger comes with different adapters to make it compatible with various solar power stations like the ones from Rockpals, and other brands.
- Multiple Variants: Above all, you get the 100W solar charger in many other power options. They include 60W and 80W more. So, you can find an ideal model based on your budget and needs.
Next, we have another famous company, Rockpals. The brand works with a goal to realize more innovative products for a funnier outdoor life. For that, it offers a series of lovely portable power stations as Goal Zero alternatives. Also, its portfolio of products comprises other cooler items like solar folding chargers, LED lights, inverter generators, and more.
When it comes to power stations, the company sells four models as of now. They are 150W, 250W, 300W, and 500W models aimed at customers from different budget groups. Along with them, the brand has multiple folding solar chargers with 60W, 80W, and 100W options.
Overall, we have a nice collection of power stations and solar chargers from Rockpals. Below we would like to list the most popular model of the portfolio, the Rockpals 300-watt portable power station.
Rockpals 500W Solar Power Station Review
It is the top-end and the most popular model of the brand’s solar power stations. As its name suggests, it is a 500W power backup system with a peak power of 1000W. Inside, it features a 540Wh (10.8V/50Ah) lithium battery so it can smoothly support two AC appliances and many other gadgets at the same time.
Fine, the Rockpals looks to be a direct rival to Yeti 400 Lithium. With a lightweight profile of 12.13 lbs, and easy to carry handle, you can take it anywhere on your trips, and use it to run a variety of your essential devices like phones, tablets, cameras, laptops, and more. Check out the latest price of the device below.
The Rockpals highlights a variety of powering options. They include two 110V AC sockets, as said above. Besides, there are four USB ports, including Type C, Quick Charge 3.0, and regular 2.4Amp ports. The DC sockets integrated are two 12V/48W max outlets and one 12V/96W max cigarette lighter charger.
An efficient display and an ultra-bright LED emergency light bar are other attractions of the power station. Built with quality materials, it is a very strong and durable machine, which has a size of 10.24 x 6.70 x 6.28 in. These specs certainly make it a highly reliable power station for outdoor and emergency power.
- Decently Powerful Machine: The Rockpals is indeed a decently powerful solar power station. It packs up a 540Wh battery and a 500W pure sine wave inverter with dual AC sockets. You can use it to run your essential AC appliances in an emergency.
- Yeti 400 Lithium Alternative: Look and feature-wise, the Rockpals is a close rival to Goal Zero’s best-seller Yeti 400 Lithium, the base variant of its second-gen solar power stations. So, if you are looking for a Yeti alternative, it seems to be one of the best choices, for sure.
Rockpals 300W Portable Power Station Review
This Rockpals is a 280Wh power station and a small version of the above model. Remarkably, it also copies some of the design attributes of the Goal Zero Yeti series with a solid handle and lightweight profile. Inside, as you see, it packs up a 300-watt pure sine wave inverter that can peak up to 600 watts.
Further, the Rockpals features all the important charging options. Apart from the AC socket, they include five DC ports, two 2.1A USB ports, and one QuickCharge 3.0 USB. Thus, you can use it to run and recharge most of your emergency appliances and camping gear. Check out its latest price on the link below.
It is, in fact, a decently powerful solar power station. See, it can run your 32-in TV for around four hours and charge your smartphone around 25 times. Though blindly copying some design aspects of Yeti, it turns out to be one of the brilliant Goal Zero Yeti competitors.
You can handle this machine easily out in the wild. It weighs very little at 7.5 lbs. And its size goes 6.5 x 3.15 x 6.89 in. So, you can make it a part of your camping and outdoor adventures and survival life.
- Goal Zero Yeti-Like: This Goal Zero Yeti alternative is exactly like a Yeti in design. When it comes to color, it is different. About quality and brand value, it would have nothing to do with Yeti, however. But if you are in search of a device that looks like Yeti, this is the best choice at a great price.
- Powerful Lithium Battery: Inside the Rockpals, you get a 280Wh powerful battery of 75000mAh @ 3.7V and 18750mAh @ 12V. It is quite enough to charge and run all your essential electronics.
- Variety of Charging Options: It comes with a range of charging options, as said above. They are one 120V AC socket, four 12V outlets, one 24V outlet, and four USBs, including two QC3.0 ports.
COMPATIBLE SOLAR CHARGER
In fact, no specific solar charger is required for the Rockpals power station. You can use any solar charger, but Rockpals offers you a great option. That is a 100W foldable solar charger, which is compatible with all similar power stations like the ones from Jackery, and Paxcess with the different adapters.
Thanks to its foldable design, you can carry it anywhere easily and enjoy your outdoor living the best. As said above, the charger is also available in other power options like 60W and 80W. Follow the link below to check out the latest price of the 100W folding solar charger.
By the way, the Rockpals folding solar charger, like all similar products, has also got three 5V USB ports to let you juice up your handsets directly under the sun. That would help you power up a variety of your USB devices like phones, tablets, cameras, GPS, etc.
Thanks to the included smart IC chip, it is capable of providing you with a stable flow of energy causing no damage to your electronics. The solar charger, above all, is highly durable and water-resistant so that you can use it for a longer time out in the wild and enjoy unlimited green power.
- Powerful Folding Solar Charger: With an output of 100 watts, it is a highly powerful folding solar charger. In four durable and strong layers, you get a high-efficiency solar charger.
- High Conversion Efficiency: Made of the high-efficient solar arrays, the Rockpals solar charger can convert up to 21.5-23.5% of solar power to electricity.
- 2-USB Smart Charging Technology: Along with the DC socket, it features two USB ports. They are all secured with the built-in smart IC chip to deliver a stable flow of current to the devices.
- 10-in-1 Adapter Kit: Above all, the Rockpals comes with a 10-in-1 adapter kit to support all the popular power stations and other DC devices on the market.
That has been our reviews of the best-selling Goal Zero competitors. There are certainly many more companies that offer cool Goal Zero alternative power stations. We have just tried our best to bring to some of the leading firms.
Of course, we would like to update this list by including more brands in the coming days. So, you can get the best non-Goal Zero power station at the best price. Share your thoughts about the list in the comments.