Goal Zero is a key player in the portable solar power industry. The American maker sells a series of award-winning Yeti solar power stations that are known for their quality, style, and performance. Of course, Yeti is a line of products with different power variants. But there are many people who look for a Goal Zero Yeti alternative because of different reasons. Most of the time, the higher price of the Goal Zero devices is a major reason why people would like to choose a Goal Zero alternative.
There was a time we only had a limited number of makers in the portable solar power industry. Still, if you count key players in the industry today, we only have a few names like Goal Zero and Renogy. But several small-time makers including many Chinese-based makers have brought into the market some amazing portable solar solutions. Here we would like to go through some such popular models as Goal Zero Yeti alternative. Hope you enjoy it. Stay with us after the break.
Table of Contents
Why Goal Zero Yeti Alternative
Interestingly, we have over half a dozen units of Goal Zero solar power stations on the market. They hail from two generations; the lead-acid and lithium-based models. Well, the lead-acid line of Yeti includes Yeti 150, Yeti 400, and Yeti 1250. Meanwhile, the brand-new Yeti Lithium series includes Yeti 400 Lithium, Yeti 1000 Lithium, Yeti 1400 Lithium, and Yeti 3000 Lithium.
Also, we have some small power stations under the branding of Sherpa and Venture. Actually, no Goal Zero product is a complete, all-in-one solar generator. They are just portable power stations. And they become solar power stations or solar generators only when you attach them to some solar chargers. Goal Zero itself sells two solar panel brands; Boulder and Nomad, by the way.
As put it above, one major reason why people prefer a Goal Zero alternative is the price factor. You might get a less-priced complete solar generator from other makers when you would have to buy a power station plus solar charger from Goal Zero. Obviously, that usually costs you a bit more. That doesn’t mean all Goal Zero alternative solar generators we list out below are full solar generators. They also include solar power stations, which would require you to buy additional solar panels.
1. Renogy Phoenix Solar Generator
We would like to start the list with Renogy’s famous Phoenix standalone solar generator. As you see, it is a very handy and compact all-in-one solar generator. With the built-in solar cells, it is a perfect example of an ideal solar generator. You could just open up its solar panel-integrated lids and place in the sunlight to recharge the internal battery.
Of course, you don’t need to buy extra solar panels unless you want to make its solar charging rather faster. (Yes, it supports a third-party solar panel up to 120 watts) Just out of the box, it starts to harvest solar energy and store in its battery. Well, with an output of 150 watts, Phoenix turns out to be a big threat to Goal Zero’s base model power station, Yeti 150.
Specs-wise, the briefcase-style solar generator comes up with a pair of the built-in 10-watt highly efficient Renogy solar cells. Moreover, you have a 10Amp solar charge controller and a 16Ah lithium battery inside. Thus, you simply have everything in a single case that is very compact and durable.
Absolutely, the key difference it makes from its Goal Zero alternative, Yeti 150 is its integrated solar cells. That said, you could handle the Renogy machine easily on your trips and during an emergency situation. As it works just out of the box, you don’t need to carry separate solar panels.
- Standalone Solar Generator: Though priced a bit higher than Yeti 150 kit with Nomad 20, what you get is a strong and rugged standalone solar generator. You could take it anywhere with no hassle.
- Lithium Battery: Most notably, you get this Goal Zero alternative with an advanced and lightweight lithium battery. That is replaceable too.
- Expandable Solar Support: Though it integrates only 20-watt solar panels, you could expand it with additional panels up to 120 watts. Indeed, that would give you a cool way to charge the generator from sunlight quite faster if you have an extra panel in the wild.
2. AcoPower 400Wh Portable Solar Generator
The next is a very popular solar power bank from AcoPower. With an output of 444Wh, it is surely a direct competitor to Goal Zero’s Yeti 400 Lithium and Yeti 400. Well, similar to its Yeti rival, the AcoPower power station needs a solar panel in extra to become a complete solar generator, though.
However, featuring a lithium battery inside, this is a very lightweight device. Clearly, it weighs just below half of its last generation Goal Zero Yeti alternative, Yeti 400. But with the new Yeti 400 Lithium, Goal Zero has indeed come up with a fierce rival to this Suaoki device.
Moreover, when it comes to the storage capacity, it features an outstanding 120Ah unit that is quite enough to run most of your AC appliances and recharge a host of your USB and DC devices in an emergency. Follow the link below to buy a unit of the AcoPower solar power station.
By the way, you may wonder to see similarily designed products from many other companies, such as Suaoki and PowerOak on the market. It seems that all those brands have hired the same OEM from China to build it. Whatever, this is an amazing solar power station coupled with a decently powerful solar charger like AcoPower 120 W folding solar panel.
Otherwise, similar to all the Goal Zero Yeti models, this is just a power station, which you could recharge from either a wall socket or a carport. Well, this is indeed one of the most sought-after models of Goal Zero alternative solar power stations on the market across the world, for sure.
- Durable and Sturdy: Being a traveler device, you must love it to see it durable and sturdy. Surely, the AcoPower device will meet your needs, then. Its bottom is aluminum alloy shell and the top is sturdy plastic. Plus, it touts a strong carrying handle so that it becomes a perfect portable solar generator.
- Versatile Output: The machine is capable to produce an output of continuous 300 watts and 600 watts surge. Fine, you could charge or run your electronics through its multiple ports that include a pair of AC sockets, as many DC ports, and four USB ports.
- Multiple Solar Chargers: AcoPower sells a range of brilliant solar chargers that are suitable for this portable power station. In the meantime, you can also use any other solar charger to recharge the device from the sunlight, by the way.
3. Jackery Portable Power Station – Explorer 440
There is a line-up of Jackery portable power stations as Goal Zero alternative. The series features four devices; Explorer 500, Explorer 440, Explorer 240, and Explorer 160. As you see in the photo below, all the models have a very stylish and unique design. Fine, similar to the Goal Zero Yeti line-up, they all share the same design cues, for sure. By the way, as their names suggest, you have different models with different outputs.
The Jackery Explorer 440 is absolutely the high-end model. It is surely a challenger to Goal Zero’s Yeti 400 Lithium. With an output of 440Wh and a 300W pure sine wave power inverter, it could comfortably run all your essential electronics out in the wild. Coupled with a solar charger, you could certainly use it as an ideal solar generator for all your off-grid and emergency power needs.
The Jackery device, different from Goal Zero Yeti, shows off some special features. First off, it sports a powerful LED flashlight. Of course, being a camper-exclusive device, it could come much helpful for outdoor enthusiasts. Further, it highlights a pretty big LED screen to show the battery status and other details. It also has a switch with an indicator to turn on and off the output ports exactly like the new Yeti Lithium.
Coming to the suitable solar charger, Jackery offers two highly portable options of 100W and 50W each. Built on the durable plastic bases, these folding solar chargers are cool picks for the outdoor applications. After the use, you can securely store the solar chargers somewhere. And their carrying is also very easier thanks to their highly portable design.
- Very Stylish and Handy for Portable Use: You might love the Jackery power station for two main reasons; a stylish design and a lightweight portable profile. With a highly durable built-in handle, you can easily carry it anywhere quite hassle-free.
- Multiple Variants Available: Apart from the high-end Explorer 440, you get two more low-end models, Explorer 240 and Explorer 160. That is a way you could find your favorite solar power station even on a budget.
- Unique Solar Chargers: Yes, as put it above, you get the folding solar chargers from Jackery with some unique features. Unlike all similar solar chargers, the included Jackery (need to buy separately) solar chargers feature a solid, plastic base so that they are more durable and portable.
4. Suaoki G500 Portable Power Station
Obviously, we shouldn’t miss this Suaoki model on our list of the Goal Zero Yeti alternative power stations. Apart from the features, this 500Wh device is simply a copy of Goal Zero Yeti design, as you see in the photo. Indeed, you get the ultra-high-capacity Yeti 400 Lithium alternative with a lithium battery of 45.9Ah @ 11.1V and 137.7Ah @ 3.7V.
Inside, the G500 packs up a 300W pure sine wave AC inverter with a surge power of 600 watts. And you get nearly all the output charging options to make it a complete Goal Zero Yeti competitor in all the sense. Certainly, you can use the Suaoki device to recharge and power a range of your gadgets and AC appliances in the wilderness. Use the below link to order a unit of Suaoki G500.
Clearly, coming to the output ports, it comes with two AC sockets, three pieces of QuickCharge 3.0 USB ports, two USB-A outlets, one USB-C port, a pair of 12V DC sockets, and finally a unit of 12V carport to power your in-car gadgets once the car is not around. Overall, Suaoki G500 is a great off-grid back-up source with all universal charging ports.
To recharge it from the sunlight, you have a range of solar chargers available from Suoaki and other brands. Ideally, a unit of Suaoki 100 foldable solar charger is a perfect pick. It could surely offer you seamless solar energy. Meanwhile, with a dual-port output system (USB and DC), this charger could directly recharge your handsets under the sunlight.
- 500Wh Ultra Battery Capacity: Suaoki G500 sports a high-capacity battery to become one of the best Goal Zero Yeti 400 alternatives. Thus, along with the exact design of Yeti, you get a real Yeti competitor in G500.
- Wide Range of Output Charging Options: Another notable thing with the G500 is the included number of charging ports. You have multiple Type-C, QuickCharge 3.0, and many other advanced output sockets.
- Perfect Solar Generator: Once bought with a unit of Suaoki 100W folding solar charger G500 is certainly an outstanding solar power station. It has a built-in MPPT charge controller inside to offer better solar charging efficiency.
5. Ascent Solar Generator Y1200
Ascent Solar Generator Y1200, formerly EnerPlex Generator 1200, is another ideal Goal Zero Yeti alternative. With the capacity to produce 1321Wh, it is surely a brilliant competitor to Goal Zero’s Yeti 1000 and Yeti 1250. Indeed, you could run many of your emergency and camping electronics with a fully charged Ascent solar generator. That certainly makes it one of the much-touted Goal Zero Yeti competitors out there.
Having a lithium battery inside, it is certainly one of the lightweight portable solar generators on the market. Hitting the market long before Goal Zero’s new Yeti Lithium series, it was really a piece of conversation, then. But after the arrival of the new Yeti series, it doesn’t look an attractive choice for most customers. Well, with just 42 lbs and handy design, it is still a much-recommended portable solar power station. Follow the link below to buy a unit of the device.
You could use any third party solar panel with Ascent Solar Generator. However, Ascent Solar sells a 45-watt lightweight folding solar panel called Commander. To power up your devices, it features multiple output ports. They include AC sockets, 12V DC outlet, a 19V DC outlet, and USB ports. The lovely thing about the Aspect Solar Generator is indeed its attractive design, for sure.
- Lightweight and Portable: No doubt, its lightweight design is the unique selling point. In its price and power segment, you can’t see any more rivals with this lightweight design. Yeti 1250 weighs over 100 pounds and so Ascent Solar Generator is very cool for portable use.
- Stylish Design: Its maker has crafted it very stylishly. Of course, they might have grabbed inspiration from Goal Zero Yeti series while designing it. That design is practical too. You could easily carry it on its pair of handles on two sides in much comfort and peace.
- Affordable: With enhanced performance, you get it for a cheap price compared to the competitions. You don’t need to break the bank to own a unit of Ascent Solar Generator. Check out its current price on the above Amazon banner.
6. EcoFlow River Portable Power Station
EcoFlow River is another much reliable Goal Zero alternative. The lightweight and handy device is a powerful solar power solution. Specs-wise, it is a 500W power bank with a capacity of 114Ah. Along with a solar charger, it comes out to be a really brilliant alternative to Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium, for sure. It could ensure 100% safe portable power to run and recharge all your outdoor electronics.
The great thing about EcoFlow River is the number of included output ports. Well, it comes with as many as 11 outlets, which include four USB ports, two USB-C ports, two 12V DC sockets, one 12V carport, and two 110V AC outlets. That said, you could connect most of your essential emergency and outdoor electronics to run on the stored power in EcoFlow River.
Yet another brilliant thing about this Goal Zero Yeti alternative is its capacity to hold the power up to one year. Thus, it turns out to be one of the much reliable emergency power backup solutions. You can fully charge it from the wall socket and keep in your preparedness kit. Once there is an emergency or off-grid situation, you could use the backup and top it up from the sunlight after.
Of course, you could use any third-party solar panel to recharge it from the sun. However, EcoFlow offers a powerful 50W solar panel and element-proof carrying cases for the solar charger and power station in a bundle. Follow the link above to buy the EcoFlow solar power station bundle.
- Powerful and Lightweight Power Station: This is surely one of the most powerful and lightweight solar power stations of its kind. Built in a durable and stylish case, this is a really awesome product for both campers and emergency preppers.
- 11 Output Outlets: As put it above, you get the River power station with 11 output ports. That is certainly a nice thing you couldn’t see with any other solar power stations of its category.
- Perfect Solar Power Station Bundle: Yes, you could buy the River power station in an amazing bundle, which packs up a 50W solar panel and the good quality carrying cases for both the solar charger and power station.
7. Aspect Solar SunSocket Sun-tracking Generator
AspectSolar SunSocket solar generator is exceptional with its automatically sun-tracking solar cells. That is, its array of 7 solar layers will slightly turn in a way it could capture the maximum sunshine. Obviously, that ends up collecting more solar energy. The integrated solar panels are capable to produce 60W of solar power, meanwhile, the power station provides an output of 250W. Inside, you have it equipped with a 20Ah LiFePO4 battery to charge all your essential electronics.
More interestingly, you could slide the solar cells into the suitcase-style body of the solar generator after the use. You need no assembly. Just unfold the solar panels and wait for them to produce energy. Thus, SunSocket is one of the finest portable solar generators out there. But its overprice makes it less popular on the market though it is a superb Goal Zero Yeti alternative. Certainly, it features 100W universal AC power inverter, 4 USB ports, 12V DC, and etc.
- Automatic Sun-Tracking: Of course, it is a nice feature. With such a facility, you get a chance to use the most out of a day’s sun as its panels track the sun to grab as much as sunlight.
- Highly Portable and Lightweight: Though looking a larger device when its solar panel array is pulled out, it is basically a handy and highly portable device. Once you insert the panels into its case you get a suitcase-style solar generator with awesome portability features.
8. Nature PowerPak 1800W Solar Generator Kit
The next comes a massive solar power station from Nature Power. Branded as PowerPak 1800, it is a highly portable power station with sturdy wheels and collapsible handle for dragging it on various terrains. Along with comes a unit of a 100W solar panel and a 1.5W solar battery maintainer.
The core of the Nature Power solar generator bundle is, of course, the power station. Well, as put it above, it is a highly powerful machine with rich components inside. First, it packs up an 80Ah AGM deep cycle battery and a 1800W pure sine wave inverter that could peak output of 3600 watts.
Certainly, it is also great with multiple output ports. You get the station with six units of 120V AC outlets to power up multiple electronics at the same time. Plus, you have it with a pair of USB ports for smartphones, tablets, and other small gadgets.
- Perfect Outdoor Companion: PowerPak 1800 with a solar charger is, no doubt, a perfect companion for outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you are on a camping, hiking, or tailgating, this machine is powerful enough to charge your essentials very well.
- Highly Portable: Though a heavy-duty machine, it is superbly portable thanks to its luggage-style cart with a collapsible handle. You can just drag it on any surfaces and take it anywhere you need.
9. Humless GO Mini Portable Solar Generator
Here comes yet another Goal Zero Yeti alternative. Humless unleashed its GO Mini solar generator as a strong rival to Goal Zero’s the then leading Yeti 1250 flagship. Now, with the included lithium battery, it is a challenger to even the new-gen Yeti lithium series. The core of the solar generator kit is is Humless’ award-winning 640-watt GO Mini, a pint-sized power station.
Along with GO Mini comes, as you see in the image, a pair of folding solar chargers. Each grants you 130W of solar energy, which is quite enough to juice up the power bank steady faster under the sun. Obviously, GO Mini has an edge with an advanced and long-lasting lithium LiFe battery.
Besides, the Humless power station stands out with a highly durable metal shell. Unlike commonly seen plastic shells, Humless has built its power station with a good quality metal sheet. That offers more safety and durability for the innards. Use the link below to order a unit of Humless GO Mini.
- High Solar Power: Different from all other solar generator kits, this Humless package comes up with high power solar panels. Overall, you get solar panels of 260 watts. Moreover, both the panels highlight folding suitcase-style design, so the kit becomes rather lovely for travel enthusiasts.
- Durable Build: Yet another great thing with Humless GO Mini, as put it above, is its strong build. Made of durable metal shells, you are lucky enough to get a device for all terrains and climate.
10. SolarOak 440Wh Portable Solar Generator
We have the final Goal Zero Yeti alternative on our list today. It is rather new solar-enabled power station from SolarOak. As you see in the pic, it is a very stylish and compact power box that you can use anywhere anytime. Its handy and lightweight design makes it a perfect travel companion for campers, and hikers. Use the link below to buy a unit of the SolarOak solar power station.
Specs wise, it is a 440Wh power box with a 120,000mAh lithium battery inside. Further, it equips a 200W pure sine inverter. You can make use of its three 110V AC outlets to power up your bigger appliances. Moreover, you have it with a pair of DC ports and as many USB ports to offer juice for your smaller devices outdoors.
Apart from its handy design, it is very lightweight too. Weighing at just 5 kgs, it is quite easy for you to carry along on your trips. SolarOak doesn’t sell it along with a solar charger, but the company recommends any solar panel over 15V to charge it from the sun. SoalOak’s 100W folding solar panel will be a cool pick for you, by the way.
- Lightweight and Portable: The best part of the SolarOak power station is its lightweight design. With a carrying handle, it will be easy for you to move it anywhere.
- Good Output Ports: It is rich with all required output ports. See, though a small power station, itis up with three AC sockets. That would indeed make it yet another awesome Goal Zero Yeti alternative.
That has been our list of the best Goal Zero Yeti alternative solar power stations. It is actually not easy to find perfect Yeti alternatives out there. Though several companies make solar generators, there is not any firms that lead the market as Goal Zero. Moreover, not many firms do as much research as Goal Zero does to bring into the market some awesome solutions.
Absolutely, we have tried our best to include the best Goal Zero Yeti alternative solar generators in this article. Surely, there might be more models that you could suggest as Goal Zero replacements. So, make your comments below. We are glad to update the article with fresh products in the future.