Goal Zero is absolutely a key player in the portable solar power market. The American manufacturer offers a collection of award-winning Yeti solar power stations that are known for quality, style, and performance. Of course, Goal Zero Yeti is a line of solar-based power stations with different power options.
But there are several customers who look for a Goal Zero Yeti alternative because of wide-ranging reasons. Most notably, the higher price of the Goal Zero devices is a primary reason why people would like to go in search of a Goal Zero alternative.
Surely, there was a time we only had a limited number of makers in the portable solar power industry. But today we have several new players such as Jackery, Suaoki, AllPowers, Enkeeo, and Rockpals. Many more small-time makers are also there including the Chinese-based firms.
Definitely, all these brands offer challenging models to Goal Zero’s much-touted Yeti solar power stations. Here we would like to go through a few of such popular models that you could ideally pick as Goal Zero Yeti alternative. That would help you find a suitable device outside the much-frenzied Goal Zero Yeti line.
Table of Contents
Goal Zero Yeti Power Stations
Interestingly, we have more than half a dozen Goal Zero solar power stations on the market today. As you know, they hail from two generations; the former lead-acid and the new lithium-based models. Well, the old lead-acid collection of Yeti includes Yeti 150, Yeti 400, and Yeti 1250.
Meanwhile, the brand-new Yeti Lithium series comprises of Yeti 200X, Yeti 400 Lithium, Yeti 1000 Lithium, Yeti 1400 Lithium, and Yeti 3000 Lithium. That said, we have several more models in the new line, letting you pick a model that matches your budget and needs perfectly.
On the other hand, we have a few small power stations under Sherpa and Venture branding. No Goal Zero is, in fact, a complete all-in-one solar generator. They are all just portable power stations. They turn out to be ideal solar power stations or solar generators when you attach them to some solar chargers.
Why Goal Zero Yeti Alternative
As put it above, one notable reason why people go for a Goal Zero alternative is probably the price factor. You would get similarly powerful products from other brands for way much reasonable prices. But keep in mind that the Goal Zero products are known for their quality standards and customer service.
Anyway, we would like to have a look at a number of Goal Zero alternative power stations here. Our list features the best-selling models from different brands. So, it would be easy for you to find a model that meets your budget and requirements ideally. Stay tuned with us for the list.
1. Renogy Phoenix Solar Generator
We would like to start the listicle with Renogy Phoenix. As you see, it is a compact standalone all-in-one solar generator. With the built-in solar cells, it is a perfect example of an ideal solar generator. You could just open up its solar panel-layered lids and place it in the sunlight to recharge the internal battery.
Of course, you don’t need to buy extra solar panels with Phoenix. But if you want to lift its solar charging speed, you could add a third-party solar panel up to 120W. So, just out of the box, you could use it to grab and store as much as solar energy. Meanwhile, its 150W output could run most of your electronics.
Specs-wise, the briefcase-style solar generator comes up with a pair of built-in 10-watt highly efficient Renogy solar cells. Moreover, you have a 10Amp solar charge controller and a 16Ah lithium battery inside. Thus, you simply have everything in a single case that is very compact and durable.
Absolutely, the key difference it makes from its Goal Zero alternative, Yeti 150 is its integrated solar cells. That said, you could handle the Renogy machine easily on your trips and during an emergency situation. As it works just out of the box, you don’t need to carry separate solar panels.
- Standalone Solar Generator: Though priced a bit higher than Yeti 150 kit with Nomad 20, what you get is a strong and rugged standalone solar generator. You could take it anywhere with no hassle.
- Lithium-Ion Battery: Most notably, you get this Goal Zero alternative with an advanced and lightweight lithium battery. That is replaceable too.
- Expandable Solar Support: Though it integrates only 20W solar cells, you could expand it with an extra panel up to 120W. Indeed, that would give you a cool way to charge the generator from the sun faster.
- Compact and Lightweight: Last, but not least, it is very compact and handy. With the PV panels, battery, charge controller, and other components built-in a single case, it is easy to carry hassle-free.
2. AcoPower 400Wh Portable Solar Generator
The next item on our list is a very popular power station from AcoPower. With 444Wh output, it is surely a big competitor to Goal Zero’s Yeti 400 Lithium and Yeti 400. Having a lithium battery inside, it is a very handy and lightweight portable power station.
Meanwhile, when it comes to storage capacity, it sports an outstanding Samsung Li-ion 18650-2200mAh unit that is quite enough to back up most of your AC appliances and recharge a range of your USB and DC electronics in an emergency. Follow the link below to check out the latest price of the AcoPower device
By the way, this is featuring a 300W pure sine wave inverter. So, you get a 300 watts output each through its dual AC sockets to power up your AC appliances. Plus, the machine sports dual 2.1A 5V USB ports and as many 1A 5V USB ports apart from a 12V DC socket and a car jump starter.
Plus, there are many things special with the power station. It has got a boxy design and is put together inside a durable aluminum case, it is a good choice for outdoor and off-grid users. You could carry it easily on its durable handle and use it in rough conditions to power up your essential appliances and gadgets.
- Durable and Sturdy: As a camper-friendly power station, the AcoPower will certainly meet your needs. Its bottom is aluminum alloy shell and the top is sturdy plastic. Plus, it touts a strong carrying handle so that it becomes a perfect portable solar generator.
- Versatile Output: The machine is capable of generating an output of continuous 300W and 600W surge. Fine, you could use it to power up your electronics via its multiple charging ports that include a pair of AC sockets, as many DC ports, and four USB ports.
- MPPT Charge Controller: Most remarkably, it highlights an MPPT charge regulator to make solar charging quite faster. So, you could highly rely on this machine to ensure off-grid power in a survival or emergency situation provided that you have access to better sunlight.
3. Jackery Explorer 500 Portable Power Station
When it comes to Goal Zero alternative, Jackery has a line of portable power stations under the branding Explorer. Of course, the Jackery Explorer series has multiple models. And the one we have here is Explorer 500, which is the top-end of the collection with Explorer 240 and Explorer 160 as low-end models.
Interestingly, like the Goal Zero Yeti line-up, the Jackery power stations feature a unique design and color theme. Also, they highlight a good quality build with a strong durable built-in handle. You could easily take it anywhere on your trips and camping adventures with no much hassle.
Anyway, Explorer 500, with an output of 518Wh and a 500W pure sine wave inverter, is a serious threat to Goal Zero’s Yeti 400 Lithium. Though having a single AC socket, you could comfortably carry it along on your travels and enjoy access to unlimited power once attached with a solar charger.
Fine, the 500W inverter of the Jackery Explorer could output peak power of 1000 watts through its single AC socket. Meanwhile, apart from the AC outlet, it sports multiple standard 12V DC and USB ports to back up a range of your electronics including laptops, phones, coolers, air pumps and more.
Meanwhile, as said above, design-wise, Explorer 500 is certainly a wonder. It has a very lightweight design and an amazingly handy profile as well. With a weight of 13.32 lbs and a size of 11.84 x 7.59 x 9.2 inches, you could carry it anywhere quite easily.
- Stylish and Handy for Portable Use: You might love the Jackery power station for two great reasons; a stylish design and a lightweight portable profile. With a highly durable built-in handle, you can easily carry it anywhere quite hassle-free.
- Multiple Variants Available: Apart from the top-end Explorer 500, you get multiple more low-end models, Explorer 240 and Explorer 160, for example. That is a way you could find your favorite solar power station on your budget and specific requirements.
- Versatile Outdoor Power Supply: Though lightweight and handy, it could offer you a versatile output. As you have seen above, the inverter inside is a 500W pure sine waver unit that could peak at 1000 watts.
- Perfect for Campers and RVers: Simply, the whole line of Jackery Explorer is fine for RV and camper users. You could use this 500W variant to neatly run your RV ceiling fans, lightings, and several other electronics just out of the box.
4. Suaoki G500 Portable Power Station
Certainly, we shouldn’t miss out on this Suaoki model on a list of Goal Zero Yeti alternative power stations. Apart from its features and specs, Suaoki G500 is simply looking like copying Goal Zero Yeti’s very design. You may feel like a white and grey Yeti. Suaoki looks to have crafted it in the inspiration of Yeti design.
Specs-wise, with Suaoki G500, you indeed get an ultra-high-capacity Yeti 400 Lithium alternative with a lithium battery of 45.9Ah @ 11.1V and 137.7Ah @ 3.7V. Further, the G500 packs up a 300W pure sine wave inverter inside with a surge capacity of 600 watts. And you get nearly all the output charging options to make it a complete Goal Zero Yeti competitor in all the sense.
Meanwhile, coming to the output ports, G500 comes with a pair of AC sockets, three units of QuickCharge 3.0 USB ports, two USB-A outlets, one USB-C port, a pair of 12-volt DC sockets, and above all a unit of 12V carport to power up your in-car electronics once the car is not around.
Design-wise, it is a handy and compact device. It has a weight of around 20 lbs and its size goes 11 x 7.5 x 8.3 inches. Thanks to its long and strong collapsible carrying handle, you could easily take it anywhere. In fact, you get yet another great solar power station for RVing, camping, outdoor, and emergency needs.
By the way, Suaoki also offers a more powerful variant to this device. Called Suaoki G1000, it is a 1183Wh lithium power station with a 26400mAh at 44.8V battery. Most likely, it would be a serious competitor to Goal Zero’s Yeti 1000 Lithium and Yeti 1400 Lithium with its capacity and output.
- 500Wh Ultra Battery Capacity: Suaoki G500 sports a high-capacity battery to be one of the best Goal Zero Yeti 400 alternative devices. So it is powerful enough to support a range of your off-grid electronics.
- Wide Range of Charging Options: Another remarkable thing with Suaoki G500 is the wide number of charging ports. You have multiple Type-C, QuickCharge 3.0, and other advanced output sockets.
- Stylish and Portable Design: Though copying a Goal Zero Yeti design, the Suaoki machine is very stylish, compact and portable for outdoor and emergency power needs.
- 12V Carport: Yet another outstanding thing with G500 is the included 12V/10A carport. As said about, it is a unique feature that would let you power up your in-car electronics when you are not around your car.
5. Ascent Solar Generator Y1200
Ascent Solar Generator Y1200, formerly EnerPlex Generator 1200, is another cool Goal Zero Yeti alternative. With the capacity of 1321Wh, it is an outstanding competitor to Goal Zero Yeti 1000 Lithium. You could run many of your emergency and camping electronics with a fully charged Ascent solar generator. That is what makes it one of the best Goal Zero Yeti competitors out there.
Having a lithium battery inside, the Ascent Solar is one of the lightweight portable solar generators on the market today. When it was launched long before the Goal Zero Yeti Lithium series, this was one of the rare models with a lithium battery. Then, it maker highlighted its lightweight profile as a notable thing.
Still, it is one of the lightweight portable solar power stations out there. That certainly makes it a friendly device for outdoor and off-grid requirements. Follow the button below to check out its latest price.
The Ascent Solar machine, as you see in the photo, features three standard AC sockets with an output of 1200 watts each. Plus, it sports one 12V DC outlet, one 19V DC socket, and two 5V USB ports to power up a variety of your electronics out in the wild or in an emergency situation.
By the way, like all similar products, it highlights a dual charging option. That is a feature to let you charge or power up multiple devices at the same time. Coming to the form factor, it is a very stylish power station with a very handy profile. It weighs just 42 lbs and it has a size of 18.5 x 14.1 x 14.2 inches.
- Stylish and Handy Design: Ascent Solar has designed it very stylishly and in a perfect form factor. The very much practical design makes it easily move by hanging on its pair of handles in comfort and peace.
- Powerful Solution: Unlike most other Goal Zero Yeti alternative machines, it is a very powerful one. With an output of 1231 watt-hours, it could power up and charge your large-scale electronics.
- Dual Charging Option: Like all similar products, it also shows off a dual charging option. That will help you connect multiple devices to its different charging options and power them up at the same time.
6. EcoFlow River 370 Portable Power Station
EcoFlow is another major vendor that offers us some Goal Zero alternative power stations. Its River 370 is indeed an ideal solar power solution for your off-grid and emergency power requirements. Specs-wise, it is a 370Wh power station with a 100000mAh at 3.7V lithium battery.
The EcoFlow integrates a 500W pure sine wave inverter with a surge capacity of 600 watts. That said, it is a cool machine to power up all your gears under 500W. They might include laptops, phones, tablets, lights, game consoles, drones, CPAPs, and more. Check out the link below to order a unit of the device.
When it comes to charging options, there is something really special with River 370. It has got as many as nine output ports. They include two AC sockets and a pair of Quick Charge 3.0 USB-C ports and as many 28W Quick Charge USB ports. Plus, it integrates two regular 12W USB ports and a 96W 12V carport.
Another brilliant thing about this Goal Zero Yeti alternative is its capacity to hold the power up to one year That makes it one of highly reliable emergency power backup solutions. You could fully charge it from the wall socket and keep in your preparedness kit. Once you come across an emergency or off-grid situation, you could use the backup and later top it up with a solar charger.
By the way, EcoFlow has recently added a more powerful variant to its River power station line-up. Called EcoFlow Delta, this is a 1036Wh powerful device, which might possibly be a highly reliable Goal Zero Yeti 1000 Lithium alternative. It will soon be hitting the market with a host of amazing features.
- Powerful and Lightweight: It is certainly one of the most powerful and lightweight solar power stations of its kind on the market. With a durable and stylish case, it is a brilliant product for both campers and emergency preppers alike.
- Nine Output Outlets: As put it above, you get the River 370 power station with as many as nine output ports. That is certainly a thing you couldn’t see with most of the other solar power stations out there.
- Perfect Power Station Bundles: Yes, you could buy the River 370 power station in a number of bundles offered by the brand with the suitable solar chargers.
- Lightweight and Friendly for Carrying: The extremely lightweight device is quite friendly for carrying and outdoor uses. Also, the brand offers you a durable carrying case for its rather easier transportation.
7. AllPowers 372Wh Solar Generator
Next, on our list of the Goal Zero Yeti alternative solutions, we have a brilliant product from AllPowers. It is a 372Wh lithium portable power station with a smaller and lighter profile. The included 105000mAh high-density battery makes it a reliable and compact build. Therefore, you get an incredible power station as yet another Goal Zero Yeti competitor.
The stylish solar generator features a 300W pure sine wave inverter that could peak at 500 watts. Hence, you could rely on it for running all your appliances up to 500 watts. Well, the device sports dual AC sockets to run two appliances at the same time. Check out the latest price of the power station on the link below.
Obviously, apart from the AC sockets, the AllPowers sports multiple other charging options. They are one 12V cigarette lighter socket, a pair of 12V/15A DC outlets, three fast-charging USB ports, and finally one Type-C USB port. So, it is a cool backup solution to support a number of your electronics with no worry.
More amazingly, like a Goal Zero Yeti 1400 and Yeti 3000, this AllPowers integrates Bluetooth connectivity. That makes you access the complete info on charging status and other things in real-time on your mobile. Fine, you get it on an included AllPowers’s AiPower App that is available for both Android and iOS.
- Powerful and Lightweight: The AllPowers is a powerful machine with a lightweight profile. It packs up 372Wh 105000mAh lithium battery and a 300W pure sine wave inverter. These specs really make it a reliable power station worth its price, for sure.
- Six-In-One Charging Options: Yet another appealing thing with the AllPowers power station is the number of charging options it has. It features six different charging outlets to back up a variety of your electronics out in the wild or in an emergency.
- Stylish and Compact Design: As a Goal Zero alternative, the AllPowers features a stylish and compact design to make it quite attractive to the customers who are in search of a Yeti alternative.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: The next major attraction is the included Bluetooth connectivity. As said above, it will make you access different data of the power station on your phone from anywhere, and anytime.
8. Nature’s Generator 1800W Solar Generator
The next Goal Zero alternative on our list is from a brand called Nature’s Generator. This is a 720Wh power station with a built-in 1800W pure sine wave inverter that could peak at 3600 watts. Inside, it packs up an AGM battery of 60Ah and so you get a decently powerful solar generator.
The Nature’s Generator device is a great alternative to the standard fuel-based power generators. Instead of gas or fuel, you could charge it with a solar panel and use the stored power to run your AC appliances and gadgets. Check out its price and other updates on the link below and stay tuned for more details.
With its high storage capacity and output, you could use it to power up your phones, tablets, laptops, mini-fridges, CPAPs, LED lights, and more. Its portable-friendly design makes you carry it along anywhere with no much hassle. The device, as you see, has got a pair of heavy-duty wheels and a collapsible handle.
By the way, when it comes to the charging options, the power generator sports three full-size standard AC sockets and multiple USB and DC ports. So, it would come out to be yet another ideal companion for your outdoor living and survival situations once added with a reliable solar charger.
- Perfect Outdoor Companion: The Nature’s Generator along with a solar charger is, no doubt, a perfect companion for outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you are on a camping, hiking, or tailgating trip, this machine could meet all your off-grid power needs.
- Highly Portable Design: Though a large and hefty machine, it is made in a way you could transport it at ease. It has got a cart-style design with a collapsible handle and two strong wheels.
- Multiple Charging Options: Another appealing thing is that the power station has three AC sockets apart from multiple USB and DC ports to support a range of your electronics in the wild.
- Stylish Design: Above all, it features a stylish design with a green and white tone. The green certainly refers to its potential as a green power source.
9. Humless Go Mini Portable Solar Generator
Here comes another incredible Goal Zero Yeti alternative from Humless. Humless surfaced its Go Mini solar generator as a tough rival to Goal Zero’s the then flagship Yeti 1250. As of now, with the included lithium battery, it continues to be a strong challenger to the new Yeti lithium series as well. The Humless model we have on this list is its award-winning 640-watt Go Mini, a pint-sized power station.
The Humless solar power station stands out of the crowd with its highly durable metal shell case. Unlike the commonly seen plastic shells, Humless has designed its power station with a quality metal sheet. That ensures more safety and durability for the machine. Use the link below to check out its latest price.
The machine has got multiple charging options. They include two full-size universal AC sockets with rubber caps. They offer an output of 1500 watts. Plus, it features multiple 12V DC sockets and USB ports. A small display is also there to show the essential system information.
Coming to the design, the Humless Go Mini has a boxy form factor. With a size of 18 x 17 x 20.5 inches, it is quite easy for transporting from one place to the other. This has got a fabric strap to make moving hassle-free. The overall weight of the Humless power station is 40 lbs, by the way.
- Powerful Solar Generator: With an output of 640Wh and an inverter of 1500W, it is a decently powerful solar power station. You could rely on this machine to ensure unlimited off-grid power along with a solar panel in any off-grid and emergency situation.
- Durable Build: Yet another great thing about Go Mini, as said above, is its strong and durable build. Made of durable metal shells, you are lucky enough to get a device for all terrains and climates.
- Multiple Charging Options: With dual AC sockets and multiple USB and DC outlets, you could power up a variety of your appliances and gadgets with Humless Go Mini.
10. SolarOak 440Wh Portable Solar Generator
Here is the final Goal Zero Yeti alternative on our list. The SolarOak machine is a stylish and compact power station that you could easily handle in the wild. Its handy and lightweight profile makes it a perfect travel-friendly solar power station for campers, hikers, and tailgaters.
Specs-wise, it is a 440Wh power station with a high-capacity 120,000mAh lithium battery. Further, it has got a 200W pure sine inverter with a surge capacity of 400W. The included Battery Management System (BMS) guarantees that the connected electronics safe and secure against all kinds of voltage issues.
When it comes to charging ports, the SolarOak has indeed all the important outlets. First of all, it has got two AC sockets. Plus, it features three 5V USB ports to juice up your phones, tablets, e-readers, and more. Two 12V 6mm DC outlets are there for powering LEDs lights, and other DC devices. Finally, it integrates a 12V DC carport for your in-car gadgets.
Apart from its handy design, it is very lightweight as well. Weighing at just 5 kgs, it is quite easy for you to carry it along on your trips and travels. It has a size of 15.8 x 7.1 x 9.1 inches. And the built-in carrying strap helps you take it anywhere at ease. The overall device is a very durable and solid build, by the way.
- Powerful and High Capacity: The SolarOak is indeed a decently powerful machine with a good storage capacity. As put it above, it features a 440Wh/120,000mAh lithium battery with a 200W inverter.
- Lightweight and Portable: The best part of the SolarOak power station is its lightweight design. With a carrying handle, it will be easy for you to move it anywhere.
- Good Number of Outlets: It is rich with all required output ports. See, though a small power station, it is up with three AC sockets. That would indeed make it yet another awesome Goal Zero Yeti alternative.
That has been our list of the best Goal Zero Yeti alternative solar power stations. It is actually a tough job to find a perfect Yeti alternative. Though several companies offer brilliant solar power generators, not a single brand is as popular and dominant as Goal Zero, which has been into the market for over a decade.
Absolutely, we have tried our best to include the best Goal Zero Yeti alternative solar generators in this article. We are sure that there might be more models that you could suggest as Goal Zero replacements. So, make your comments below. We are glad to update the article with new products in the future.