Following a list of highly portable briefcase solar generators, we would like to introduce you to a list of heavy-duty solar generators here. As you see, a heavy-duty solar generator might not be much friendly for portable and other outdoor power requirements.
Obviously, you couldn’t easily carry a hefty solar generator on an individual camping or outing trip. Instead, a large solar generator is suitable for use in an RV, trailer, boat or cabin, and etc. Also, you could keep a big solar generator in your home to meet an emergency.
There is a big variety of heavy-duty solar generators out there. There is actually no specific form for what a solar generator to be. We consider any device that could harvest and store the energy from the sun a solar generator. In that sense, all the solar-enabled power stations are solar generators.
By the way, the term solar generator is factually a misnomer as long as you couldn’t produce energy from such a device all-the-time as you could do with a diesel generator. Unlike a diesel alternative, a solar generator makes power only when there is the sun in the sky. Hence, you wouldn’t rely on it as much as you could do with a diesel one.
Table of Contents
Best Heavy-Duty Solar Generators
Mainly, we have two types of heavy-duty solar generators; stand-alone solar generators and solar power stations. The first group, available only in a few models, comes with the built-in solar panels. They mostly look like suitcase-style so they are more portable. By the way, the second group is the majority one. There you get a portable power station with the solar charging facility. As you see, you might need to buy extra solar panels for them.
Well, with the heavy-duty solar generators, you are lucky enough to utilize an unlimited source for green energy to run several big devices. See, you could fire up your office devices like PCs and laps and kitchen appliances like oven and mini-fridge. Here we make an effort to cover a number of the large solar generators from various categories. No doubt, popularity is one major criterion for our selection and so you could absolutely find a model that fits your needs well.
1. Goal Zero Yeti 1400 Lithium Solar Power Station
The best-seller in the segment of heavy-duty solar generators is none other than Goal Zero’s flagship Yeti 1400 Lithium. That is why we have it as the first piece on our list of heavy-duty solar generators here. Excited to know more about this powerful machine? Well, we have more details of the award-winning portable solar power station below. By the way, you can buy a unit from the link.
In fact, Yeti 1400 is a lightweight and lithium upgrade to its former best-seller, Yeti 1250. Like all other Goal Zero power stations, it is only a power bank with the solar charging facility. You should buy a solar panel to make it a complete solar generator. Or you could also charge it either from your wall outlet or car charger and keep for off-grid or portable power use in an emergency.
By the way, along with a solar panel, Yeti 1400 turns out to be a superb solar generator. You could take it anywhere for your outings whether its a camping, boating, or RVing trip. The powerful solar generator can run all your essential appliances and gadgets. Meanwhile, you can easily carry it on the included cart and enjoy the maximum of your outdoor trips with the unlimited portable power.
- Lithium-Ion Battery: Amazingly, you get the large solar generator with a lithium-ion battery, which you could easily replace with a new one if the current one wears out. For the lithium battery, you get more life cycles. And more interestingly, it makes the device lightweight overall so you could use it for a wide range of off-grid applications like camping, tailgating, outdoor parties, emergency and etc.
- High Quality and Popular: No one buys a less popular model. In the solar generator market, though priced a bit higher, Goal Zero is the final word. Of course, you could buy a Goal Zero generator with no worry about the quality thing. The American maker has been selling a range of high-quality products in the portable power market for over a decade. Hence, Yeti 1400 Lithium, being its flagship model, is the best choice for you.
- Powerful Solar Panels: Of course, coupled with a powerful solar charger, Yeti 1400 is an ideal piece of off-grid power solutions. Goal Zero recommends a host of high-quality solar chargers for the Yeti including the brand-new Goal Zero Boulder 100 Briefcase, which, as its name suggests, is foldable like a suitcase, thus making the overall system portable.
2. Goal Zero Yeti 3000 Lithium Portable Power Station
What about a more powerful Goal Zero Yeti device? Yes, Goal Zero has realized a giant Yeti variant, called the Yeti 3000 Lithium. As its name suggests, this is a highly powerful 3075Wh power station with a huge lithium-ion battery inside. That means this colossal machine can run a range of high-power devices at the same time. With its huge size, this is only suitable for tents, camps, RVs, and trailers. Use the link below to check its price and buy a unit if you like it.
Could you imagine such a powerful solar generator? Of course, that is a reality now. No other firm has brought into the market such a gigantic solar-based machine ever. But it also becomes a solar generator only when you buy some powerful solar chargers with it. I think a unit of Goal Zero’s new Boulder 200 Briefcase will do that job beautifully. Yes, you need to pay extra for the panels, but you get the best results out in the wild with the those highly portable Boulder chargers.
Coming to the size, the machine is obviously a bulkier one. It has got the dimensions of 10.1 x 15.3 x 13.1 inches. And its weight goes at 68.6 lbs and added with the solar chargers it is rather heftier. But that doesn’t matter because the device is mainly for the use in cabins, RVs, trailers, campers, homes, and etc. You can keep this anywhere in your living space and put connected to the solar chargers.
Highly Powerful: Certainly, this is a highly powerful solar power station. Its advanced 1500W pure sine wave inverter can produce a surge power over 3000 watts. Along with the 842Ah @ 3.65V battery, this giant power station can work exactly like a diesel generator if you have got some brilliant solar panels and the sunlight.
Wide Range of Output Ports: Obviously, the large Goal Zero power station has a rich number of output ports to support a variety of your devices and appliances. It comes with USB A, USB C, USB PD, 12V carport, 12V Power Pole port and 120V AC sockets with a good amount of output power to run all your essential devices.
Advanced Connectivity Facility: Most interestingly, the huge Yeti machine features Wi-Fi connectivity. Hence, you can manage the entire device via the included Goal Zero Yeti App on your phone or tablet from anywhere anytime. You can access various real-time data and control the power station very easily.
3. OG Solar 135A 4000W Peak Solar Generator
This is another important pick on our list of the heavy-duty solar generators. Well, at an affordable price, you get a cool solar generator for emergency, camping and household needs. Certainly, it is a complete self-contained product. You don’t need any complex assembly at all. However, unlike the above models, it is not a finished and ready-to-use model. You have to connect it with the included solar panels before starting to produce the solar energy to power your off-grid life.
As its title says, it could offer you 135 Amp hours of electricity to run a variety of your devices and gadgets. At the peak, it would go up to 4000 watts. The solar generator kit features a pair of 100W solar panels, which are enough to charge the included battery in some hours. Unfortunately, with its heavyweight profile (around 90 pounds), this is not much friendly for portable use. It would better work for your home, cabin, trailers, RV, and etc, by the way.
- Rugged, Weather Resistant: Though the OG Solar solar generator is not much friendly for portable needs, it is well-built to survive worse weather conditions. First off, it has got a very durable and solid case, and inside all the components are highly resistant to the water, dust, and shocks.
- Outdoor-Friendly: As you see, this OG Solar device weighs around 100 pounds, and so is not quite good for individual camper use. However, OG Solar has designed it very strongly and durable, thus making it endure the tough outdoor conditions. Moreover, you could drag it on a cart to make use of it anywhere you want.
- Household Solar Generator: Are you looking for a home-friendly portable solar power system? Then, you could end up your search with this, of course. You could install it in your home and tie to the grid also. Thus, you could save some bucks on your power bill and reduce your carbon footprint notably.
4. Goal Zero Yeti 1250 Solar Generator
Simply, this is the flagship model of the old-gen Goal Zero Yeti with a lead-acid battery. Though the USA firm unleased the Yeti 1400 Lithium upgrade to it, you can still buy this model on the market. That is why we have it as one of the best heavy-duty solar generators. It has been very popular in the portable solar power market for a long time. Let us have a look at the key features of Yeti 1250 here. Before that, you could buy a unit of the model from the link below.
Specs-wise, it is a 1250Wh powerhouse that could offer you 1200W continuously and 1500W surge. Fine, that would help you run a large variety of your electronics and gizmos. Meanwhile, what is not exciting with this model is certainly the lead-acid battery inside. Thus, you have the 100Ah @ 12V battery with notably huge weight when compared to the new Yeti 1400 and competitors. However, you can drag it easily on the included cart anywhere you want to.
Of course, you must buy a solar charger separately with the machine to make it a complete solar generator. What Goal Zero recommends is one of its Boulder solar panels. Certainly, what I feel is you should buy at least a unit of the new Boulder 100 Briefcase. This ultra-portable solar charger can power up the internal battery of Yeti 1250 in some hours under the bright sun.
- Budget Friendly: For a long time, this has been one of the top-seller solar generators on the market. However, it still continues to be a good option for those who would like to own a solar generator on a budget. It is indeed a bit hefty because of the included lead-acid battery. But you will certainly love this product as it is one of the best heavy-duty solar generators out there.
- Popular Model: Even after the new lithium variants, Yeti 1250 is a sought-after model. Except for the lead-acid battery thing, Yeti 1250 is a nice product that you could buy to make your living spaces and campsites secure from the shortage of power.
5. Peppermint Forty2 Max Solar Generator 2000Wh
What about an all-in-one solar generator? Yes, this a pretty powerful all-in-one solar generator from the brand called Peppermint Energy. In fact, the company sells three variants of this highly portable machine. And it is the flagship one with a capacity of 2000Wh. It could provide a continuous output of 900 watts and a peak power of 1800W. That is, you can run nearly all your essential appliances on it. Use the link below to have a look at all variants of the product on Amazon.
No doubt, its standalone design is the key attraction that makes it one of the best heavy-duty solar generators out there. You don’t need to do any setting to produce solar energy from it. Just open up the suitcase-style case and place the panels facing the sun. Well, the solar panels integrated on the lids are a pair of 90W units. By the way, the low-end models of the generator are Forty2 Pro Forty2 Pro+, respectively 500Wh and 1000Wh variants.
- All-in-One Solar Generator: This is a complete heavy-duty solar generator with the integrated solar panels. We are familiar with the small all-in-one models like Renogy Phoenix, but this model is a rare heavy-duty model with built-in panels and all other accessories in a suitcase-style case.
- Multiple Variants: As said above, Peppermint sells the same design in various models. Interestingly, they are all exactly the same machines in terms of size, solar capacity, and total output. They are different only when it comes to the battery, but that gives you a chance to choose a low-price model.
- Ultra-portable: Thanks to its suitcase-style design, the Peppermint solar generator is one of the rare ultra-portable heavy-duty solar generators. You can just carry it on its handle and take anywhere to produce and use solar energy. So it becomes a perfect choice for all kinds of outdoor enthusiasts.
6. Nature’s Generator
Nature’s Generator is the final pick on our list of the best heavy-duty solar generators. This is really a very interesting product that comes with an additional battery system. Basically, what you get is a 1800W pure sine wave inverter system with a 60Ah SLA battery. That could offer 720Whr of output on a single recharge, but this particular model called Nature’s Power Pod has an additional 100Ah battery. With which, the system offers 1920Wh of output in total.
Along with the battery packs, you get three units of 100W poly solar chargers. As you see in the pic above, each of the solar panels touts a cart with strong wheels so it would be easy for moving. The power pack has also got two solid wheels and a durable handle. By the way, the power pack features USB ports, AC sockets, and DC ports to support a variety of your electronics and gadgets.
The most exciting thing with the generator is the Bluetooth SmartKey feature. That is a way you could pair the device with your phone – both iOS and Android. Hence, you can lively track your system from anywhere in the world.
Additional Battery: First of all, Nature’s Generator has got an option for an additional battery. That certainly makes it one of the most powerful heavy-duty solar generators on the market. You can power up a large number of your essential electronics and gadgets with the power system.
Highly Portable: Sure, the device and the included solar panels are highly portable. You get the solar panels with the built-in cart as well as the power pack with all the needed facilities for easy moving. That is why you get yet another awesome product for all types of outdoor power needs off-the-grid and in case of emergency.
7. Ascent Solar Generator Y1200
Ascent Solar Generator Y1200, formerly EnerPlex Ascent Solar Generatr, is yet another heavy-duty solar generator you will love to have a look at. As you see in the photo, it is a very stylish solar power station. Coupled with a solar panel, it becomes an ideal solar generator for all your large-scale off-grid power needs. Use the button below the image to buy a unit of the power station.
Ascent Y1200 is up with a 1231Wh lithium battery. And this is rated to deliver 1000 watts of energy continuously and 2000 watts surge power. That is, the system is capable of running a wide range of your larger and smaller appliances. You can run your lap, mini fridges, ovens, CPAPs, lightings, and other gadgets on this machine off-the-grid.
When it comes to its design and portability, Ascent Y1200 is certainly an exemplary pick. It is well-engineered as a portable power solution. You get two strong handles to carry the 42lbs machine and take it anywhere hassle-free. Coming to its output ports, it features three USB ports, one 12V DC port, one 12V Anderson port, one 19V barrel, and 110V AC ports.
About solar panel, you can use any third-party solar panels with Generator Y1200. However, during its launch, its maker recommended its own solar charger called Ascent Solar Commander 45, a 45W folding solar panel. That is why if you don’t have another solar panel already, check out the Ascent Commander 45 to make use of the sunlight for charging it steady faster.
- Very Stylish and Lightweight: As you see, the Ascent solar generator is very stylish and amazingly lightweight. Its maker has deliberately designed it so to make it highly competitive to the Goal Zero series. Its orange and grey shade and 47lbs weight are indeed two notable things.
- Decently Powerful Device: with a 1231Wh battery inside, the Ascent solar generator is a decently powerful machine. You could use it to run most of the essential AC appliances and to profusely charge your mobile phones and other small devices.
- Three AC Sockets: Yet another notable thing with the Ascent is the included AC sockets. Unlike all similar products, it comes with three units of AC sockets to support a variety of your appliances.
8. FSP Emergy 3000 Portable Power Pack
FSP Emergy 3000 is indeed one of the brilliant heavy-duty solar generators on the market. This is basically a suitcase-style large power station with a massive output of 2600 watt-hours. Well, that makes it a stunning piece of the portable solar power pack to run all your essential household and camping appliances. The brand also offers a large semi-flexible foldable solar charger to use with the large powerhouse. Follow the link below to order a unit of FSP Emergy 3000.
Specs-wise, Emergy 3000, the top-end of the line, packs up a high-quality lithium-iron-phosphate 2600Wh battery. There is an entry-level 900Wh variant for this machine. Use the button above to check out both the variants and compatible solar charger. By the way, thanks to the built-in Battery Management System (BMS), both the devices are capable of offering you enhanced performance.
Coming to the solar charger, this is a six-layered folding unit. Each layer of the panel could produce 50W, helping you get 300 watts in total to recharge both variants of the power station. By the way, the overall weight of the FSP power station is 66.2 pounds and its size goes at 15.3 x 8.7 x 26.8 in.
- Large Suitcase Solar Generator: It is a huge 2600Wh suitcase-style solar power pack. That lets you enjoy unlimited off-grid power out in the wild or in an emergency. Of course, you could easily move the power station in your RV, trailer, truck, or boat and make use of the sun to run all your electronics.
- Multiple Variants: You get the FSP Group solar power station in two variants. Apart from the 2600Wh higher-end option, you get a 900Wh entry-level model. Interestingly, both the variations are available in suitcase-style so you could easily handle them outdoors.
- Incredible Solar Charger: Above all, you get a large 300W foldable ultra-thin solar panel to power up the devices from the sun. Indeed, the semi-flexible solar panels are lightweight for ideal outdoor uses.
9. Lion Energy Ascent Solar Generator Kit
The next one on the list of heavy-duty solar generators comes from Lion Energy. Called Lion Energy Ascent, it is, in fact, an advanced portable power station with a 100W folding solar panel. As you see in the photo, the power pack appears in a very sturdy and durable box and it features all innovative features including an LCD interface. Follow the button below to order a unit of the generator kit.
Specs-wise, Lion Ascent integrates a powerful inverter that is capable of producing 1500 watts of continuous power and 2000W surge power. The included battery is a lightweight lithium-iron-phosphate unit in place of the hefty traditional lead-acid battery. Obviously, it makes the device more lightweight and portable for all your outdoor and emergency power needs.
Of course, you have the power pack with all essential output ports. They include four USB ports, two 110V AC sockets, one 12V cigarette lighter plug, and etc. Above all, you get a highly powerful 100W folding solar panel. It would make you fix the portable power solution anywhere for solar power.
- Powerful Solar Generator Kit: This is a decently powerful solar generator for both household and outdoor power needs. It features a 1500W inverter with a surge capacity of 2000W. Along with it, you get a 100W foldable solar charger to make the overall kit highly portable.
- Strong and Sturdy Build: The solar power pack comes inside a solid and highly durable box. It has also got two strong carrying handles so that you could take it anywhere hassle-free. With the included foldable solar panels, it is no more a chore to move the solar generator kit.
10. KISAE Home Solar Generator Kit
The final one on our list of the heavy-duty solar generators is from KISAE. Of course, KISAE is not a brand as popular as the above brands. However, what you get, as its name suggests, is a cool home-friendly solar generator. Surely, you could use the powerful home solar generator with the included solar panel to power up entire your household, flat, apartment, or an outdoor event.
Specs-wise, the KISAE home power station is an 1800-watt powerhouse. It equips a 60Ah battery that you could recharge from a wall socket or a car charger as well. But if you want to go solar, just rely on the included 80W mono-crystalline folding solar panel.
Meanwhile, inside the KISAE power pack, you mainly have a 1800W power inverter and a 140W 8A charge controller. In addition, the kit features a battery box, a built-in automatic transfer switch, 5A AC charger, and a permanent mount kit. Outside it sports multiple units of the universal AC sockets to power a range of your appliances.
Further, the huge solar power pack highlights an all-weather capability. Hence, it would also come out to be an ideal solution for a variety of outdoor applications. That is, you could either place it in your home or take it outside to your tents, cabins, or worksites. Finally, the power station weighs 24.4 pounds and the size measures 14.5 x 10.5 x 14 inches.
- Complete Home Friendly Power Station: Most notably, the KISAE is a home-friendly solar power station. You could use it inside your residence to power up entire your home in a blackout situation. The 1800W device is quite enough to run most of your essential appliances easily.
- Better Storage Capacity: The device comes with a 60Ah battery inside. That is enough to support a range of your electronics, but you could also add extra batteries to the system for longer runtime.
- Powerful Inverter: The KISAE becomes a powerful device with the included 1800-watt inverter. Thus, it comes out to be a great solution to run a range of your larger appliances like refrigerators, ovens, TVs, lights, and fans, and more.
That has been our list of heavy-duty solar generators on the market. There may have more models, but we have hand-picked the top 10 after a detailed study online. A heavy-duty solar generator is basically meant as a reliable solution to ensure off-grid power in an outdoor event or an emergency situation. For that, you could set it up in your home, RV, trailer, camper, boat, and more. And enjoy access to unlimited solar energy with the required solar chargers. Share your thoughts below.