After a list of highly portable briefcase solar generators, we would like to introduce you to a list of heavy-duty solar generators here. As you see, a heavy-duty solar generator is not much friendly for portable use. Obviously, you couldn’t easily carry a hefty solar generator on an individual camping or outing trip. Instead, a large solar generator is suitable for use in an RV, trailer, boat or cabin, and etc. Also, you can keep a big solar generator in your home to meet an emergency.
There is a big variety of heavy-duty solar generators out there. There is actually no specific form for what a solar generator to be. We consider any device that could harvest and store the energy from the sun a solar generator. In that sense, all the solar-enabled power stations are solar generators.
By the way, the term solar generator is factually a misnomer as long as you couldn’t produce energy from such a device all-the-time as you could do with a diesel generator. Unlike a diesel alternative, a solar generator makes power only when there is the sun in the sky. Hence, you wouldn’t rely on it as much as you could do with a diesel one.
Mainly, we have two types of heavy-duty solar generators; stand-alone solar generators and solar power stations. The first group, available only in a few models, comes with the built-in solar panels. They mostly look like suitcase-style so they are more portable. By the way, the second group is the majority one. There you get a portable power station with the solar charging facility. As you see, you might need to buy extra solar panels for them.
Table of Contents
Best Heavy-duty Solar Generators
Well, with the heavy-duty solar generators, you are lucky enough to utilize an unlimited source for green energy to run several big devices. See, you could fire up your office devices like PCs and laps and kitchen appliances like oven and mini-fridge. Here we make an effort to cover a number of the large solar generators from various categories. No doubt, popularity is one major criterion for our selection and so you could absolutely find a model that fits your needs well.
1. Goal Zero Yeti 1400 Lithium Solar Power Station
The best-seller in the segment of heavy-duty solar generators is none other than Goal Zero’s flagship Yeti 1400 Lithium. That is why we have it as the first piece on our list of heavy-duty solar generators here. Excited to know more about this powerful machine? Well, we have more details of the award-winning portable solar power station below. By the way, you can buy a unit from the link.
Check Price and Buy @ Goal Zero Yeti 1400 Lithium Power Station
In fact, Yeti 1400 is a lightweight and lithium upgrade to its former best-seller, Yeti 1250. Like all other Goal Zero power stations, it is only a power bank with the solar charging facility. You should buy a solar panel to make it a complete solar generator. Or you could also charge it either from your wall outlet or car charger and keep for off-grid or portable power use in an emergency.
By the way, along with a solar panel, Yeti 1400 turns out to be a superb solar generator. You could take it anywhere for your outings whether its a camping, boating, or RVing trip. The powerful solar generator can run all your essential appliances and gadgets. Meanwhile, you can easily carry it on the included cart and enjoy the maximum of your outdoor trips with the unlimited portable power.
- Lithium-Ion Battery: Amazingly, you get the large solar generator with a lithium-ion battery, which you could easily replace with a new one if the current one wears out. For the lithium battery, you get more life cycles. And more interestingly, it makes the device lightweight overall so you could use it for a wide range of off-grid applications like camping, tailgating, outdoor parties, emergency and etc.
- High Quality and Popular: No one buys a less popular model. In the solar generator market, though priced a bit higher, Goal Zero is the final word. Of course, you could buy a Goal Zero generator with no worry about the quality thing. The American maker has been selling a range of high-quality products in the portable power market for over a decade. Hence, Yeti 1400 Lithium, being its flagship model, is the best choice for you.
- Powerful Solar Panels: Of course, coupled with a powerful solar charger, Yeti 1400 is an ideal piece of off-grid power solutions. Goal Zero recommends a host of high-quality solar chargers for the Yeti including the brand-new Goal Zero Boulder 100 Briefcase, which, as its name suggests, is foldable like a suitcase, thus making the overall system portable.
2. Goal Zero Yeti 3000 Lithium Portable Power Station
What about a more powerful Goal Zero Yeti device? Yes, Goal Zero has realized a giant Yeti variant, called the Yeti 3000 Lithium. As its name suggests, this is a highly powerful 3075Wh power station with a huge lithium-ion battery inside. That means this colossal machine can run a range of high-power devices at the same time. With its huge size, this is only suitable for tents, camps, RVs, and trailers. Use the link below to check its price and buy a unit if you like it.
Check Price and Buy @ Goal Zero Yeti 3000 Lithium Power Station
Could you imagine about such a powerful solar generator? Of course, that is a reality now. No other firm has brought into the market such a gigantic solar-based machine ever. But it also becomes a solar generator only when you buy some powerful solar chargers with it. I think a unit of Goal Zero’s new Boulder 200 Briefcase will do that job beautifully. Yes, you need to pay extra for the panels, but you get the best results out in the wild with the those highly portable Boulder chargers.
Coming to the size, the machine is obviously a bulkier one. It has got the dimensions of 10.1 x 15.3 x 13.1 inches. And its weight goes at 68.6 lbs and added with the solar chargers it is rather heftier. But that doesn’t matter because the device is mainly for the use in cabins, RVs, trailers, campers, homes, and etc. You can keep this anywhere in your living space and put connected to the solar chargers.
Highly Powerful: Certainly, this is a highly powerful solar power station. Its advanced 1500W pure sine wave inverter can produce a surge power over 3000 watts. Along with the 842Ah @ 3.65V battery, this giant power station can work exactly like a diesel generator if you have got some brilliant solar panels and the sunlight.
Wide Range of Output Ports: Obviously, the large Goal Zero power station has a rich number of output ports to support a variety of your devices and appliances. It comes with USB A, USB C, USB PD, 12V carport, 12V Power Pole port and 120V AC sockets with a good amount of output power to run all your essential devices.
Advanced Connectivity Facility: Most interestingly, the huge Yeti machine features Wi-Fi connectivity. Hence, you can manage the entire device via the included Goal Zero Yeti App on your phone or tablet from anywhere anytime. You can access various real-time data and control the power station very easily.
3. OG Solar 135A 4000W Peak Solar Generator
This is another important pick on our list of the heavy-duty solar generators. Well, at an affordable price, you get a cool solar generator for emergency, camping and household needs. Certainly, it is a complete self-contained product. You don’t need any complex assembly at all. However, unlike the above models, it is not a finished and ready-to-use model. You have to connect it with the included solar panels before starting to produce the solar energy to power your off-grid life.
Check Price and Buy @ OG Solar 135A 4000W Peak Solar Generator
As its title says, it could offer you 135 Amp hours of electricity to run a variety of your devices and gadgets. At the peak, it would go up to 4000 watts. The solar generator kit features a pair of 100W solar panels, which are enough to charge the included battery in some hours. Unfortunately, with its heavyweight profile (around 90 pounds), this is not much friendly for portable use. It would better work for your home, cabin, trailers, RV, and etc, by the way.
- Rugged, Weather Resistant: Though the OG Solar solar generator is not much friendly for portable needs, it is well-built to survive worse weather conditions. First off, it has got a very durable and solid case, and inside all the components are highly resistant to the water, dust, and shocks.
- Outdoor-Friendly: As you see, this OG Solar device weighs around 100 pounds, and so is not quite good for individual camper use. However, OG Solar has designed it very strongly and durable, thus making it endure the tough outdoor conditions. Moreover, you could drag it on a cart to make use of it anywhere you want.
- Household Solar Generator: Are you looking for a home-friendly portable solar power system? Then, you could end up your search with this, of course. You could install it in your home and tie to the grid also. Thus, you could save some bucks on your power bill and reduce your carbon footprint notably.
4. Goal Zero Yeti 1250 Solar Generator
Simply, this is the flagship model of the old-gen Goal Zero Yeti with a lead-acid battery. Though the USA firm unleased the Yeti 1400 Lithium upgrade to it, you can still buy this model on the market. That is why we have it as one of the best heavy-duty solar generators. It has been very popular in the portable solar power market for a long time. Let us have a look at the key features of Yeti 1250 here. Before that, you could buy a unit of the model from the link below.
Check Price and Buy @ Goal Zero Yeti 1250 Solar Generator
Specs-wise, it is a 1250Wh powerhouse that could offer you 1200W continuously and 1500W surge. Fine, that would help you run a large variety of your electronics and gizmos. Meanwhile, what is not exciting with this model is certainly the lead-acid battery inside. Thus, you have the 100Ah @ 12V battery with a notably huge weight when compared to the new Yeti 1400 and competitors. However, you can drag it easily on the included cart anywhere you want to.
Of course, you must buy a solar charger separately with the machine to make it a complete solar generator. What Goal Zero recommends is one of its Boulder solar panels. Certainly, what I feel is you should buy at least a unit of the new Boulder 100 Briefcase. This ultra-portable solar charger can power up the internal battery of Yeti 1250 in some hours under the bright sun.
- Budget Friendly: For a long time, this has been one of the top-seller solar generators on the market. However, it still continues to be a good option for those who would like to own a solar generator on a budget. It is indeed a bit hefty because of the included lead-acid battery. But you will certainly love this product as it is one of the best heavy-duty solar generators out there.
- Popular Model: Even after the new lithium variants, Yeti 1250 is a sought-after model. Except for the lead-acid battery thing, Yeti 1250 is a nice product that you could buy to make your living spaces and campsites secure from the shortage of the power.
5. Peppermint Forty2 Max Solar Generator 2000Wh
What about an all-in-one solar generator? Yes, this a pretty powerful all-in-one solar generator from the brand called Peppermint Energy. In fact, the company sells three variants of this highly portable machine. And it is the flagship one with a capacity of 2000Wh. It could provide a continuous output of 900 watts and peak power of 1800 watts. That is, you can run nearly all your essential appliances on it. Use the link below to have a look at all variants of the product on Amazon.
Check Price and Buy @ Peppermint Forty2 Max Solar Generator
No doubt, its standalone design is the key attraction that makes it one of the best heavy-duty solar generators out there. You don’t need to do any setting to produce solar energy from it. Just open up the suitcase-style case and place the panels facing the sun. Well, the solar panels integrated on the lids are a pair of 90W units. By the way, the low-end models of the generator are Forty2 Pro Forty2 Pro+, respectively 500Wh and 1000Wh variants.
- All-in-One Solar Generator: This is a complete heavy-duty solar generator with the integrated solar panels. We are familiar with the small all-in-one models like Renogy Phoenix, but this model is a rare heavy-duty model with built-in panels and all other accessories in a suitcase-style case.
- Multiple Variants: As said above, Peppermint sells the same design in various models. Interestingly, they are all exactly the same machines in terms of the size, solar capacity, and total output. They are different only when it comes to the battery, but that gives you a chance to choose a low-price model.
- Ultra-portable: Thanks to its suitcase-style design, the Peppermint solar generator is one of the rare ultra-portable heavy-duty solar generators. You can just carry it on its handle and take anywhere to produce and use the solar energy. So it becomes a perfect choice for all kinds of outdoor enthusiasts.
6. Nature’s Generator
Nature’s Generator is the final pick on our list of the best heavy-duty solar generators. This is really a very interesting product that comes with an additional battery system. Basically, what you get is a 1800W pure sine wave inverter system with a 60Ah SLA battery. That could offer 720Whr of output on a single recharge, but this particular model called Nature’s Power Pod has an additional 100Ah battery. With which, the system offers 1920Wh of output in total.
Check Price and Buy @ Nature’s Generator Power Pod Solar Generator
Along with the battery packs, you get three units of 100W poly solar chargers. As you see in the pic above, each of the solar panels touts a cart with strong wheels so it would be easy for moving. The power pack has also got two solid wheels and a durable handle. By the way, the power pack features USB ports, AC sockets, and DC ports to support a variety of your electronics and gadgets.
The most exciting thing with the generator is the Bluetooth SmartKey feature. That is a way you could pair the device with your phone – both iOS and Android. Hence, you can lively track your system from anywhere in the world.
Additional Battery: First of all, Nature’s Generator has got an option for an additional battery. That certainly makes it one of the most powerful heavy-duty solar generators on the market. You can power up a large number of your essential electronics and gadgets with the power system.
Highly Portable: Sure, the device and the included solar panels are highly portable. You get the solar panels with the built-in cart as well as the power pack with all the needed facilities for easy moving. That is why you get yet another awesome product for all types of outdoor power needs off-the-grid and in case of emergency.
Well, hope you have enjoyed our list of the heavy-duty solar generators. We have hand-picked some of the top-seller models on the market. A heavy-duty solar generator is actually to let you power up your life off-the-grid or in an emergency. You can’t carry a larger solar generator anywhere you go, but you can easily set up one in your home, RV, cabin, apartment, camper, or trailer to enjoy the maximum of the solar energy. Make your comments about the products below.